Active Topics

Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 642 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ California USA
Originally Posted by moot-goner View Post
Hi. I pre-ordered an N900 on Amazon yesterday. I have an average background in scripting / programming, system administration, and "web stuff". I remember friendly debates with friends about the future of converged portable devices. 10 years ago it was hard to imagine, having no cell phone and an old Jordana, that I would ever want something like the N900. But now I would consider any portable device without a network connection (be it cell or wifi or other) an anachronism, frankly. I'm hoping the N900 will truly be useful as a 'computer in my pocket', and thinking of it in that way was how I justified the price. I will also finally put my unlimited data plan to good use.

Looking forward to participating in many positive discussions as well.
Welcome, Moot-goner. I am eager to read the future N900 posts on this forum!

The Following User Says Thank You to Den in USA For This Useful Post:
Hi. 5800 NAM owner here just preordered the N900 off Amazon. Been looking for a phone with good hardware specs and an open philosophy and from what I can see the N900 is the closest thing available right now (or at least soon). Now that I've found "THE PHONE" I'm obessed with trying to find out an actual release date that I can look forward to. Finally registered so I can stop lurking and join the conversation. (I'm rather opinionated lol)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dccupp For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 642 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ California USA
Originally Posted by dccupp View Post
Hi. 5800 NAM owner here just preordered the N900 off Amazon. Been looking for a phone with good hardware specs and an open philosophy and from what I can see the N900 is the closest thing available right now (or at least soon). Now that I've found "THE PHONE" I'm obessed with trying to find out an actual release date that I can look forward to. Finally registered so I can stop lurking and join the conversation. (I'm rather opinionated lol)
Welcome, dccupp, to the forum. Your opinions mean a lot to us. After you get your N900 we want to hear (good and bad) about it!

The Following User Says Thank You to Den in USA For This Useful Post:
Hello, I'm a big technology enthusiast and have followed Nokia's internet tablets for some while. I'm very excited about both Maemo 5 and the N900, I think they're a terrific step forward and will hopefully get one mid 2010 when I can upgrade (if it's available on Orange ).

The Following User Says Thank You to Dead1nside For This Useful Post:
Hello! This tells me its a short message, I just wanted to say HELLO!!!

The Following User Says Thank You to somedude For This Useful Post:
Posts: 297 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ new jersey, usa
whats up maemo? Love the site. Just preordered my n90
Waiting for the revolution. Lol

The Following User Says Thank You to kryptoniankid17 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,589 | Thanked: 720 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Arlington (DFW), Texas
Originally Posted by kryptoniankid17 View Post
whats up maemo? Love the site. Just preordered my n90
Waiting for the revolution. Lol
I'm sure you meant N900. N90 is my favorite mobile of all time, though. Tank build quality and ahead of its time features.

Hello im Aron from sweden. Fell in love with the n900 and found this forum, now i am trying to learn as much as possible about the phone and the os.

The Following User Says Thank You to Aron For This Useful Post:
Posts: 51 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Houston
Hello everyone! I finally found a tablet/phone to replace my E61 on T-Mobile (USA)! Pre-ordered the N900 on Thursday and hopefully I'll enjoy every min.

The Following User Says Thank You to legendemeritus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 19 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ North Italy
Hello, I'm from Italy, I am a Linux lover and actually I have an HTC G1; I am waiting for the beautiful N900 to change my G1

The Following User Says Thank You to Deedend For This Useful Post:

Tags
bada boom, bada rox, hotelcalifornia, new users, newbie, newmo!, w2tmo, welcome to maemo.org