Active Topics

Posts: 645 | Thanked: 519 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Finland
Originally Posted by nbedford View Post
I think this is feature I will miss most from my N9

Hope they have a notification led of some kind if there is no LPM
If theres no lps I will keep my N9 as nightclock with weather and date info.
and make other half with 100 leds to tell me everything.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mikkosssss For This Useful Post:
Posts: 738 | Thanked: 819 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Berlin
Originally Posted by Mikkosssss View Post
If theres no lps I will keep my N9 as nightclock with weather and date info.
and make other half with 100 leds to tell me everything.
and share us all Schematik

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cvp For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,548 | Thanked: 7,510 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by Jordi View Post
Yes, and no LPM, the screen is completely black
Hopefully it is just not implemented yet (drivers, OS integration, design not final, etc.).

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MartinK For This Useful Post:
Posts: 24 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Oct 2012 @ BeiJing China
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
I think external resolution(for example if phone has an external hdmi contact(jolla probadly not)) and internal LCD can be different resultion.
That might be as you say, but in fact, I don't know and don't want to know.
So you really need a HDMI OUTPUT?
BUT, I don't need it.

If I want a large screen to watch or play, I will use my PS3 or XBOX360 or future PS4 or XBOX ONE, it won't be the phone.

And, that's not the matter I was talking about at all, I was saying JUST about the internal LCD display resolution supporting thing.

The Following User Says Thank You to fullauto For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by fullauto View Post
So you really need a HDMI OUTPUT?
BUT, I don't need it..
rather than HDMI output, i rather have Wireless ac built in for streaming via WiFi (and watch it on Smart TV) ..which is impossible (to have wireless ac in s.phone) at the moment

The Following User Says Thank You to soryuuha For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by patlak View Post
Quite a lot of contradictions in what you're saying. You say you'd have them use cheap Chinese parts instead of paying premium, and yet you say they should have put a 5.2in screen with a S600 at the least. Since Jolla will ship "close" to Samsung's volume, in your opinion, they should just experiment with their own SoC, include all the latest HW developments and price the devices 5000EUR. The device is fine and hopefully will sell and become popular in today's duopoly.

As for size, it only matters if you don't know how to use it and lack confidence with what you have. Everybody is different, but perfect in their own way if they are willing to accept the reality. It's the same for devices, hence the choice. And no, that 0.2in difference will not be noticeable in your daily usage. Displays have increased quite a lot that 0.2in is insignificant. In the old days, there was a difference between a N95 2.6in and a N82 2.4in, but those times are over. A device is bought for the experience, not just for the spec sheet. It surely is a better experience to use Maemo devices than Androids, even though they run older SoC. The end result is all that matters, not how it comes together.

The N900 might be old, but it still provides the joyful experience it was originally meant to provide. Every new Android is the same, just 0.000000000000000123456s quicker.
I don't think your reading comprehension is up to snuff.
Basically I was saying if Jolla are going to go out cheap then a 4.5in qHD device with 1GB RAM, 1.5GHz Dualcore A9... Sell it for $400 and watch developers flock.

Otherwise they should go for something decent like I proposed; +4.7in, +720p, S600+, 2GB+... sell for $700.

Otherwise its just history repeating itself.
N900 - could've gotten upgrade to 1GHz and 512MB RAM
N9 - could've gotten upgrade to Dualcore and better screen
Jolla - as described

Just like Jesus said, either be hot or cold. If you be lukewarm, its unpleasant and causes me to spew from thr mouth.

I'm flattered

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kangal For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
Originally Posted by patlak View Post
So..........if everyone jumps off of a bridge, will YOU?
How you take only one sentence from text, which would have different context alone rather than with it. and comment on it?
Btw actually currently you are the one who is jumping here with everyone from the bridge

Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
It would help alot if u and others shut up instead of repeating same over and over again, we have gotten your point already. You want a bigger screen but it will not change. Live with it or go for something else. simple as is...

I may sound rude but sick of this discussions over and over again. No one in the community win on this.
Oh maybe you would take your advice yourself and if you don't like to read what i write, do not read it! I saw you crying about camera, no one says you anything. If you don't like reading opinions different from yours, public forum or internet as it is not a good place for you

Originally Posted by soryuuha View Post
rather than HDMI output, i rather have Wireless ac built in for streaming via WiFi (and watch it on Smart TV) ..which is impossible (to have wireless ac in s.phone) at the moment
There is no way that wireless == HDMI 1.4. There is no way you'll be able to watch a proper 1080p video with at least 2 audio channels on wireless. Let alone high definition audio codecs. No way. Big Search Engine may be promoting their gizmo, but it's full of lies. Compare the quality with that of a BD. Ultra compressed 1080p is just 720p-like quality, if not less.

That said, Jolla didn't announce any HDMI output, and I don't think I2C would support the bandwidth, but I'm happy to be corrected here.

The Following User Says Thank You to ggabriel For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ZogG View Post
How you take only one sentence from text, which would have different context alone rather than with it. and comment on it?
Btw actually currently you are the one who is jumping here with everyone from the bridge
That was the context!

The Following User Says Thank You to patlak For This Useful Post: