Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Originally Posted by sachin007 View Post
I am so pissed of with Stephen Elop. Nokia was doing great until OPK left. All the problems started since Elop came. Ansi, & Jaaksi left and now Elop has totally destroyed the finnish company. Is there anything we as consumers can do to let the stock holders know our disapproval of Elop's plans? Surely this is not the way to go forward. What will happen to the Finnish economy? What about all the employees at nokia who have been working on symbian and meego?
Is there anything we can do to get our old nokia back??? Like an open letter to the stock holders to fire Elop and stop this madness??
I have never read such total rubbish in all my life omg since when was Nokia doing so well?????.

All you that thanked this post need your head examined, talk about fanism or what bloodyhell what is happening here !!!!.

Get our what back? it is thanks to the old crew Nokia is in the trouble its in and should never have brought out Maemo untill it was polished into a PROPER OS.

What you on mate???? please get real aye.

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
I agree with that one. It's absurd to blame what happened on one person. Nokia did this to Nokia.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post:
This lot just aint real !!! i am so shocked you all obviously live in a can !.

The Following 40 Users Say Thank You to sachin007 For This Useful Post:
adamFsmith, anders_gud, b-man, benny1967, bigears5000, Brock, c0rt3x, christexaport, crabsody, Crashdamage, Dave999, dr_frost_dk, esthreel, etuoyo, geekgirl74, Helmuth, Hmoobwarrior, Lawand, Leon4, Lullen, maguitodelrock, maluka, mmlado, MountainX, Naranek, nwerneck, pantera1989, patlak, Peet, raghu_mark, RAZOR, slvr32, somedude, spag, strank, tissot, Trestry, Vitusya, vkv.raju, YoDude

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
No need to "troll" or express disbelief in one's beliefs when you're just backing it up with jest.

Sure, I talk a lot of ****. But at the same time, I feel as if the people spitting out vitriol at Elop and reverting to the ol' Slashdot ways of abbreviating Microsoft as M$ aren't being wholly realistic.

And that's my main prob. Not being realistic about how this has been a 4 year skid downhill for Nokia - best year was 2007, same year as that fruit based phone debut - and this is the end-result.

A handshake with basically not the best group or option out there; but one that apparently exists.

Not happy with it? Good. Me too. But at the same time... not happy with it and want to talk about how hard it is to: breathe, believe, fathom, comprehend, how much you hate folks right now... blah blah vitriol for vitriol sake blah then so be it.

Just that some folks will invariably think otherwise and might post something that might get you riled up.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Well... again. Instead of seriously lacking in logic fandom, let's think about this for a moment.

Growth could have happened, didn't. Mobile phone market grew, their sells didn't. Now, if Elop fails now, Nokia fails now.

And what good would that do for anybody wanting Elop to fail? It will mean that Nokia will fail. And if Nokia fails, there will be no "old" Nokia to return to. This is indeed a turning point and wishful thinking and/or hoping that something that's never delivered beyond the whims and wishing of this forum - face it, this forum represents absolutely the smallest niche of users and ability - then Nokia has to do something right.

With that said, WP7 is their "main OS" strategy. But there's a MeeGo device coming out. Support Qt, support MeeGo and when that device comes out, hope that it sells like crazy. Why? They will be forced to shift their money to that platform and away from what's looking like a "patch" right now.

So all of this whining, arguing, hoping for the "old Nokia" - the same ones that got themselves into this situation in the first place - will produce absolutely nothing.

What needs to happen is for people to get their head out of their arse, buy what they want - the MeeGo device - and produce quality software that honestly makes Nokia realize what they have... an innovative product in Maemo, a potentially innovative product with MeeGo and yet again another missed opportunity that they need to capitalize upon.

Oh... and it's not the death of Qt either - Visual Studio has Qt extensions.
Well the problem with this is Nokia will create a product that I might not even care for. Gimped hardware, half baked OS, non-committal in even supporting bug fixes, and an already fractured ecosystem with the bonus of developers running away from this platform due to todays announcement. Plus Meego has been reclassified as 'Meego Computers' something which is more a sign that this will either be a netbook or a tablet two form factors that I do not want.

I also see the strategy in this move as more of a monetum builder ... get more mass market products sold and eventually mature a replacement in the background just in case ... they learnt well from not having a mature OS to replace Symbian fast enough maybe that is why Meego wasn't outright axed. I remain skeptical of this pairing although, WP7 does not seem to be an OS that can garner the momentum Nokia would like and a partnership like MS and Nokia is not beneficial to Nokia in either the short or the long turn. If WP7 OS fails Nokia fails with it ... to much of a gamble if you ask me ... and they said going Android was a high risk?

I would consider a WP7 Nokia phone but it is highly unlikely I would buy one as well. Right now the OS is not up to par with my expectations as it would seriously be a technological step backwards. Also when the OS matures I would have to consider what HTC/ Sammie and the rest are doing because they too make WP7 hardware.

Sadly looks like Nokia has no worthy product to bring to MWC and to even market for 2011 let alone the E7 is an over priced brick and so is the N8. What now ... the 14% dip is because they have no smartphone product to sell for 2011.

It has to be Finnish air man that makes these CEO's go crazy. Saying they support WP7 should of also been in conjunction with a a full reaffirmation of supporting MeeGo or this whole thing should of been about MeeGo.

Gerbick are you saying i am trolling???.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by abill_uk View Post
Naw. Just saying that there's no need to be an instigator.

Besides, I did use quotes.

Posts: 96 | Thanked: 82 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ New Jersey, USA
Matthew Miller of ZDNet (and the Nokia Experts website) posted a great, sane, article - Microsoft and Nokia announce my dream partnership so why aren't you all happy?

He speaks sanity to power, including much praise for Nokia's specific hardware strengths and "Windows Phone 7 is relatively new to the smartphone world and if you read in nearly every review on the Internet the authors generally love the operating system. It is fun, fast, stable, and unique. It is not perfect, but neither is any other smartphone operating system. Developers are actively rolling out applications at a rate exceeding 400 apps a week in the Marketplace so this OS is going places.... Windows Phone 7 is rock solid stable and after using it since July 2010 I can confirm it is the MOST stable mobile operating system I have ever used. Windows Phone 7 gaming rocks, Zune is fantastic, multiple Exchange support is solid, Office integration is great, and developers are building apps. Email on Symbian blows, but on Windows Phone 7 it absolutely rocks and I prefer to use my WP7 smartphone for email handling over even my Outlook desktop client."

He's my new hero, almost as much as Gerbick and Ysss.... and the poster who taught me how to say "Developers, developers, developers!" in Finnish...

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Originally Posted by abill_uk View Post
When you attack a bunch of people by name in this situation, I think it's slightly worse than merely trolling.

Well if Nokia was not in the troubled waters it is in then yes maybe just maybe my disagreement would mean something... but coming from you and gerbick nothing ..... more to say !!.

Tags
buysomethinelse, me ego, megone, naysaying, quit whining