Active Topics

So I blacked the blue side of the lens cap without inprovement. Without the backcover the pictures are "ok" (no blue haze in corner atleast). So does anyone orderd a new back cover yet? I tried looking for one, but didn't find one (only found cases..)

Originally Posted by Oracle View Post
So I blacked the blue side of the lens cap without inprovement. Without the backcover the pictures are "ok" (no blue haze in corner atleast). So does anyone orderd a new back cover yet? I tried looking for one, but didn't find one (only found cases..)
what about ordering a new phone? using the warrenty

you can tweak and tweak all week till you cant speak and your n900 photos will stil be weak!!!!
this camera is trash and nokia wont lift a finger to change it cause it would be too expensive to come up with some kinda hardware change for every one who brought one

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
I see andraeseus1 has found a new way to SPAM, congrats! Just dig up old threads on the same topic and comment on one after another! Then people are forced to read your same opinion over and over!

Posts: 152 | Thanked: 41 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Sydney
The back cover that comes with the Mugen battery should have no issues with photo taking.

http://www.mugen-power-batteries.com...tery-door.html

I just wish the switch slide a camera cover back and forth rather than sliding back and forth....nothing practical.

Originally Posted by geneven View Post
I see andraeseus1 has found a new way to SPAM, congrats! Just dig up old threads on the same topic and comment on one after another! Then people are forced to read your same opinion over and over!
i am so proud of this rap. i cant seem to get the tune out of my head

Posts: 411 | Thanked: 195 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Cambridge, UK
Haven't pics on nokia always had that blueish hue? From my n73 to my n95, n95 8gb, and now my n900 I've noticed it as a distinct characteristic of pics taken in poor light..

Posts: 1,589 | Thanked: 720 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Arlington (DFW), Texas
Originally Posted by Tedri Mark View Post
Haven't pics on nokia always had that blueish hue? From my n73 to my n95, n95 8gb, and now my n900 I've noticed it as a distinct characteristic of pics taken in poor light..
no. N95 took better photos thann this, imo. I had all of those models, but we're talking about a haze, not just a light situation.

Posts: 411 | Thanked: 195 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by christexaport View Post
no. N95 took better photos thann this, imo. I had all of those models, but we're talking about a haze, not just a light situation.
Aha, I've not really experimented fully and compared pics.

Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 313 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ USA
i have always been able to take great pictures with nokia phones for the times that they were made.

the e90 was the best in general, becuase of its ability to focus better then the n series phones (button type), however, the n900 takes a much better, detailed picture.

the challenge with the n900 camera is that it does not have all the options that the e90 did. i didnt reallize how much i used the rapid shot on the e90 until i needed to use it on my n900.

the clarityy on the n900 is really good, but even the slightest dust/finger print/etc on the lense really affectst the pictures.

i am not sure about this blue "hue" or "haze" in the pictures and do not believe that coloring the blue on the outline will do much, but to each his own on that.

Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
Long time ago, I've painted black the chromium part and later the blue part. I believe the second gave the most improvement. Overall, I find the situation really acceptable in terms of colors.

Nevertheless, I notice that a lot of pictures have a wrong focus point. That's really obvious when pictures involve a portrait taken outside. The focus is on the background instead to the closer and big object, i.e. the person.

I think a lot more should be done in the software area. Am I wrong and I just didn't find how to properly use the camera functionality?

Thanks for any pointers.

Tags
don't forget to thank, haze, image quality, lack of quality control, n900, photo quality, photograph quality, photographs, photography, photos, remove backplate