Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
This is ridiculous. Supposed Best Buy actually DID return all it's leftover stock to HP - where are the units then?

Posts: 380 | Thanked: 459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Slovenia
well i hope to buy touchpad, veer and pre 3 for this ridiculous prices. the only problem for now is i'm from EU.

edit: if someone has some info for EU, please share it!

Last edited by olympus; 2011-08-23 at 12:40.

Posts: 31 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Finland
Have anyone studied if Maemo or Meego is able to sit on a TouchPad?

Originally Posted by olympus View Post
well i hope to buy touchpad, veer and pre 3 for this ridiculous prices. the only problem for now is i'm from EU.

Gotta say, my missus has been wanting a new phone for a while now, and if we the pre's drop over here I may have to ppik one up for her?

Dear John,

we would like to thank you for your recent order of an hp touchpad.

Due to an overwhelming response to this item, we will require additional time to process and ship these orders. If you chose expedited shipping, your order will ship via that method however it will still take additional time to process your order. Rest assured we are working as quickly as possible to process your order.

We received tens of thousands of orders for the hp touchpads. We have restructured our support team to help with the processing of these orders. In order to allow our support staff to work on processing these order, we ask that you please refrain from contacting us for the status of your order. Once your order has been processed and shipped, you will automatically receive an email with tracking information. If we should encounter an issue with your order, you will be contacted directly.

If you have concerns if you order has been received; you may log into your costcentral.com account and your order should appear in your order history.

We do apologize for the delay and rest assured your order will be filled as soon as possible and that your credit card will not be charged until your order is ready to ship.

We appreciate your business and your patience while we work to process and fill every customers order.

The costcentral.com team

Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
Now the product pages on bestbuy.co.uk seem to be gone too...

Originally Posted by olympus View Post

for the Pre 3, see my post on http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=76002

If you buy a niche, highly modifiable smartphone and proceed to mess it up by blindly screwing around, don't just blame the phone, also blame yourelf.

Posts: 738 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ London
damn.. if anyone can still get one in the uk (or know where to get one), I am highly interested (at the ~100£ price tag)..

Imagine what would happen with maemo/meego if Nokia did this with the N9.

Originally Posted by erendorn View Post
damn.. if anyone can still get one in the uk (or know where to get one), I am highly interested (at the ~100£ price tag)..
Good luck!

http://ipad2news.co.uk/hp-touchpad-stock-checker

Tesco might reduce their prices, so keep checking them out. Everyone else is sold out, it would seem.

You could try ordering from the Palm store, but it's listed at full price (you'd have to risk that they charge you the reduced price) and the site's essentially broken.