Posts: 874 | Thanked: 316 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ London UK
Including Adroid
http://www.eletroworld.cn/nb/Service...on%20SmarQ.htm
This keeps getting better.

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
i just wonder where one can download that android firmware image tho...

This blog is the best English info source I've found so far:

http://www.jiongtang.com/blog/html/c...smartq5/page/1

Edit:
i just wonder where one can download that android firmware image tho...
sorry , it is only beta version ,and it doesn’t have wifi and bluetooth function. when the wifi and bluetooth function are solved ,author will publish it

Last edited by derhorst; 2009-05-31 at 15:50.

The Following User Says Thank You to derhorst For This Useful Post:
you can get the Android image (smartQ5) on the Chinese site

http://www.zhiqi.com.cn/thread-1523-1-1.html

I've a smartq7 so - no luck for me

The Following User Says Thank You to bezeen For This Useful Post:
I got Q7. And I really like to run Mer on it. But Q5 firmware doesn't work properly. The screen is offset to 1/3 and its color is not correct. The touch screen works but it's offset too. I can't type the name in so I am stuck and can not login.

Anyone can help me what kind of modification I need to do with Q5 firmware to make it run on Q7.

Posts: 1,671 | Thanked: 11,478 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Warsaw, Poland
Originally Posted by kekegg View Post
I got Q7. And I really like to run Mer on it. But Q5 firmware doesn't work properly. The screen is offset to 1/3 and its color is not correct. The touch screen works but it's offset too. I can't type the name in so I am stuck and can not login.

Anyone can help me what kind of modification I need to do with Q5 firmware to make it run on Q7.
So actually our normal firmware works (SmartQ5 file or do you have to rename it), but the LCD is not set up correctly? I have started building a kernel for Q7. Will you be interested in testing it for me?
As you go on to other communities, remember to build them around politeness, respect, trust and humility. Be wary of poisonous people and deal with them before they end up killing your community.. Seen it happen to too many IRC channels, forums, open source projects.

Reliable source for the SmartQ5 and SmartQ7 go to " www.smartq7.com " estore online. They are currently taking pre-order for these two units. The ordering is secure, fast, and simple.

Originally Posted by smartq7 View Post
Reliable source for the SmartQ5 and SmartQ7 go to " www.smartq7.com " estore online. They are currently taking pre-order for these two units. The ordering is secure, fast, and simple.
Doesn't look trustworthy to me.
Where is this company registered? There is no legal information. Does the price include VAT? Which country's VAT?

Posts: 1,671 | Thanked: 11,478 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Warsaw, Poland
Originally Posted by smartq7 View Post
Yeah, sorry, this just seems like spam. 229.99 usd vs 189.99 on eletroworld for a q7, and 149.99 usd vs 189.99 on eletroworld..

Also, preorder? wtf? :P That's about as scary as the pandora shop carrying them..

(I am not associated with eletroworld whatsoever.)
As you go on to other communities, remember to build them around politeness, respect, trust and humility. Be wary of poisonous people and deal with them before they end up killing your community.. Seen it happen to too many IRC channels, forums, open source projects.

Last edited by Stskeeps; 2009-06-04 at 15:19.

Posts: 258 | Thanked: 176 times | Joined on May 2009 @ Paris France
Indeed, most of the people who bought it ordered it from eletroworld, so this seems to be tho most trustworthy shop.

I find this Q7 more & more interesting everyday ...

If only Mer worked really easily on it ... and was already in a final version ...

Eletroworld aded a link to Mer ...

Last edited by totololo; 2009-06-04 at 15:03.

Tags
parting of the red sea