Active Topics

Posts: 3,319 | Thanked: 5,610 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by ysss View Post
@sachin: by that logic, the n900 comes with a 10,000mah battery**
The point is, there WILL be 32GB microSD cards so you WILL be able to have a 64 GB (and 96, etc) N900 not that far in the future. On the other hand you can't exactly choose to pop in a card to increase that iPod Touch capacity.

The Following User Says Thank You to attila77 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 144 | Thanked: 68 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Switzerland
Originally Posted by eiffel View Post
Heck, even my old N800 could do 64GB via 2 x 32GB SDHC.

The N900 has a Micro-SDHC slot, and 32GB micro-SDHC cards are coming "real soon now", so you'll have 64GB within the life of your N900 (when you add that to the 32GB built-in).
By which time my music collection will be 75GB.

Posts: 3,397 | Thanked: 1,212 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by ralphb View Post
Heheh, so now there's a new 64GB iPod Touch. Finally enough flash to store my music collection. Same or better for the N900 please Nokia.
Little to nothing is known about the hardware specs.

Except it won't have a camera because Apple customers want a Gameboy: http://gizmodo.com/5355959/steve-job...-in-ipod-touch

Originally Posted by frals View Post
Now, I don't know much about how hard it would be to switch the locale on Maemo, but shouldn't it be pretty straight-forward to add language support as its open source?

EDIT: Non-latin languages would obviously be hard to type out with the QWERTY, but you get the stylus and the touchscreen for "icon" based languages...
Well, it doesn't seem to be that easy...
There is (was ?) the Maemo CJK project, which tried to enable Chinese, Japanese and Korean input (output isn't such a problem, only some fonts have to be installed) on the N700/8x0, but it never really worked. For example, it only worked for some applications, was not able to change the input-method on-the-fly, the original virtual keyboard got replaced and couldn't be restored anymore, ...
The developers even suggested to be prepared to reflash your device!
So that are only 3 languages and already many problems, but what about other asian languages, what about languages written from right to left, such as Arabic or Hebrew?

I got really excited for a brief moment: 15.5 mexapixel camera!!! Then sense prevailed!

Haha it's not the megapixels that matter as much anymore. It's the quality of the lens, sensors, etc..

Though the n900 does have decent ones for a cameraphone..

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

The Following User Says Thank You to Laughing Man For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,589 | Thanked: 720 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Arlington (DFW), Texas
Originally Posted by sachin007 View Post
But the advantage for me of removable memory is that i dont need to carry the stupid proprietary cable with you. Just pop out the card insert it into the computer and you can exchange data. So i always prefer removable memory.
Nokia hasn't used proprietary cables in about 3 years. Nokia had been using MiniUSB, but has moved on to MicroUSB, the standard chosen for power charging and data transfer for most of the big mobile manufacturers.

But I still feel you. My N95 8GB lacks removeable memory, and it sucks.

I think sachin007 was referring to the iPhone, Apple has pretty much always used proprietary cables for their iPod and now iPhone and iPod Touch lines.

I prefer removable memory myself, though I don't think I have any eaders that support micro or mini SD..heck my current one doesn't even support SDHC lol.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Posts: 1,589 | Thanked: 720 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Arlington (DFW), Texas
to use the microSD in a reader, you need a SD card adapter. They're pretty cheap, and some come with the microSD cards now.

Tags
comparison, iphone, look! a, n00 idiot, n900, n900 v. iphone war