Active Topics

Closed Thread
Posts: 590 | Thanked: 475 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ New York City
Not sure if this is the right spot for this query, but I have a question about TweakFlash: do you have to open it in Applications each time before you go on the Web browser? Even with it installed, I get "You Need The Latest Version of Flash" message pop up on BBC news, YouTube and others. I thought TweakFlash made those sites work, where Flash 10.1 isn't really required but asks for it anyway. Also, when you do actually find a video that will work, even on 3G or WiFi, it's VERY choppy (al a dial-up from 1997) so is there any way to make it better?

Originally Posted by warren View Post
can i use a T9 to text in my n900
Like i can type 1 or 2 letters how do i change the differen word option that i have with those letters ??

and how do i get the letters ñ or ó
Not entirely sure what you're looking for, but I use FastSMS and it is an easy way to text using a T9 keypad on your N900's screen. It might also have those other characters you need.

Originally Posted by anthonym View Post
They stopped making the Nokia Communicators, which I have used since whenever they started. Which phone is supposed to be the successor? I would like it also to synch properly with my mac and pc.. I know that's asking a lot. My prime interests are contact where I can provide a description for each phone number, use a voip client and a proper browser (that menas one not spotted as a mobile device). And email for multiple accounts, with scheduled email collection or I suppose "push" email but not bothered if scheduling is there. WiFi a necessity and decent battery life. Prefer full qwerty physical keyboard.

What I don't need is my ipod, camera and kitchen sink in my pocket.

I am enquiring here because it seems to me I want maemo phone?
Which ones should I be looking at please?

For me this is not a trivial problem so ideas gratefully received.

Anthony
Mate, it sounds like the N900 would be right up your street. Physical keypad, decent camera and browser, huge ability to customise your phone, and wonderful ability to multi-task. I've had my N900 for about a month - my only regret is that I waited this long.

hey fellas can anyone tell me ...how can i mount an image on my nokia n900 ?? do i need to install any other application from the repositories???please guide me !! i need it !

ok now this is creepy...today when i woke up...i found my nokia n900 to have returned to its original factory settings !! along with all the data i had in my MASS MEMORY to have deleted....but the strangest thing is a few of my applications i installed to be still present on the memory!! and even ALL OF THE APPLICATIONS are found inside the "UNINSTALL" option of the application manager BUT I CANNOT FIND ANY OF THEM OTHER THAN A FEW...this problem might have occured with a few users but unfortunately i cannot find those posts...is it somehow been CLEARED DEVICED??? i don't know..
can anyone please tell me the reason why did it occur ?? is it a firmware fault??? because i have flashed it with a GLOBAL FIRMWARE....please i need help....everything on my mass memory have been wiped out!!!

Last edited by Soham; 2010-11-24 at 05:00.

Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Originally Posted by Soham View Post
can anyone tell if there is a way to find out which firmware (country version) my nokia n900 might be using ??i live in india and as per it may seem i guess it could be an indian version !
i didn't check out my previous firmware country version though, i know that i'm using firmware pr1.3 as for now and updated it OTA...but well i would like to know if there is a way to check out the country version....

regards..
Firmware version
Settings->About Product, like here:
http://n900.aguilarj.com/wp-content/...1ef350d8_o.png
20.2010.36-2 is firmware PR1.3, the latest, and .002 or .003 or .00? suffix is country version

This command will tell you where it was meant to be sold (even after it was flashed with Global Firmware)
sysinfo-tool -g /certs/ccc/pp/content-region

The Following User Says Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post:
Hi all,
i had few problem to download on application manager and pop up with error. Pr 1.3 latest firmware~
"cannot found application, unable to connect "fennec", operation failed."
what is happening? need advice.
Fr new user

Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Originally Posted by eskimo3031 View Post
Hi all,
i had few problem to download on application manager and pop up with error. Pr 1.3 latest firmware~
"cannot found application, unable to connect "fennec", operation failed."
what is happening? need advice.
Fr new user
Application Manager->Menu->log
What's written here about unsuccessful installation of fennec?
And, when there is installation dialog with Continue button, click details and see whether there is a Problems tab at the right.

Originally Posted by Wikiwide View Post
Application Manager->Menu->log
What's written here about unsuccessful installation of fennec?
And, when there is installation dialog with Continue button, click details and see whether there is a Problems tab at the right.
hildon-application-manager 2.2.71
connected to c5f30a20-c7d9-4413-91bd-a552c581b13d
W: GPG error: http://ftp.mozilla.org fremantle Release: The following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY 667387BFFF445C24
W: GPG error: http://moff.mozilla.com fremantle Release: The following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY 667387BFFF445C24
E: Encountered a section with no Package: header
E: Problem with MergeList /var/lib/apt/lists/downloads.maemo.nokia.com_fremantle_ssu_apps_._Pac kages
E: The package lists or status file could not be parsed or opened.
E: Problem with MergeList /var/lib/apt/lists/downloads.maemo.nokia.com_fremantle_ssu_apps_._Pac kages

this is what i encounter... any advice?

Originally Posted by eskimo3031 View Post
hildon-application-manager 2.2.71
connected to c5f30a20-c7d9-4413-91bd-a552c581b13d
W: GPG error: http://ftp.mozilla.org fremantle Release: The following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY 667387BFFF445C24
W: GPG error: http://moff.mozilla.com fremantle Release: The following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY 667387BFFF445C24

this is what i encounter... any advice?
I make neither the head nor the tail of the errors.
Use direct download links.
http://wiki.maemo.org/Firefox_mobile

Closed Thread

Tags
help i'm stuck, help wanted