Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 38 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Milton, WI, US
Originally Posted by hordeman View Post
If you're looking for a better gmail experience on fennec, try using the same url that the default browser uses: https://mail.google.com/mail/?shva=1&ui=1&ov=0
I spent a lot of time bookmarking mobile and iphone websites, but firefox works so well with the full versions, I hardly use them. I still REALLY like this browser, and if anyone is having trouble, please ask, I hope I can help.

Originally Posted by jscribble View Post
I spent a lot of time bookmarking mobile and iphone websites, but firefox works so well with the full versions, I hardly use them. I still REALLY like this browser, and if anyone is having trouble, please ask, I hope I can help.
Please convince the Mozilla team to add in highlight, copy and paste support. It's disappointing not to have it. (If I'm somehow not seeing how to do this, please let me know.)

Please convince the Mozilla team to add in highlight, copy and paste support. It's disappointing not to have it. (If I'm somehow not seeing how to do this, please let me know.)
Well, I don't have much swing with the guys at mozilla, lol, but have you tried to use ctrl+v and ctrl+c? I can only confirm this works on N810. I also noticed in about:config that there is an entry to the effect of "triple tap to highlight paragraph", admittedly, I have not played with highlighting much.

Is anyone still using the nightly build?

http://starkravingfinkle.org/blog/20...maemo-updates/

Pros and cons?

Originally Posted by JapieB View Post
Is there a geolocation plugin available for firefox on N900???
It's built into Firefix, no need for a plugin.

Though I can't get it to work. It seems to only use network positioning and not the internal GPS, and it won't work for me. Though microB and all the GPS using programs use the internal GPS (or if I turn off the internal GPS) the network positioning just fine. It's just fennec that won't use the network positioning correctly (it never finds me).

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Posts: 1,255 | Thanked: 393 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ US
Are you all certain Flash works when changing the plugin flags to false?

I can get not Flash type files to work except Youtube and that did not work until installing the plugin for it. NO Flash content works- games, ads(that is ok with me) or videos work. For videos, they do not even show up to click on them. They only show as thumbnails, but no main file- just like on Android.

Last edited by Rushmore; 2010-02-15 at 20:52.

Well, I don't have much swing with the guys at mozilla, lol, but have you tried to use ctrl+v and ctrl+c? I can only confirm this works on N810. I also noticed in about:config that there is an entry to the effect of "triple tap to highlight paragraph", admittedly, I have not played with highlighting much.
Awesome... well, that about:config hint is a start. I couldn't even figure out how to highlight! Will give it a try and report back.

Posts: 1,729 | Thanked: 388 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Canada
Is this firefox browser has the same flash as the n900's default browser?

I mean can i view all sites with flash with the firefox browser?

any device supports youtube but what about other sites?

i simply enjoy video streaming, but some browsers only supports youtube. im hoping this firefox is not one of them

Bummer... just gave triple click a try and it didn't work. config shows true for the option. All it does is zoom in and out... I've tried at different tapping speeds with no.

Does this work for anyone else?

Bummer... just gave triple click a try and it didn't work. config shows true for the option. All it does is zoom in and out... I've tried at different tapping speeds with no.

Does this work for anyone else?
I got to playing around with it after your post, and did not have much luck with triple tap... I did seem to be able to highlight, but haven't figured out quite what the gesture is. I can't replicate it consistently. Tried all sorts of key/swipe/hold/tap combinations, no luck.

The Following User Says Thank You to jscribble For This Useful Post: