Notices

Posts: 1,103 | Thanked: 368 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ india, indore
Originally Posted by dattadude View Post
firstly. thks u for the awesome app!

just one question. . when ever my pc is locked . i mean windows plus l . . lock. . it cant unlock the pc. . it seems the pc must me unlocked to allow a remote session. . is there ny way to unlock the pc n use it?

like on rdesktop?

also hw do u do a file transfer?

thks in advance!
1 >when ever i lock my pc using window+L, i can unlock it using Presence VNC (note: i have not tried to unlock when pc starts and ask for a password)

2>i dont use rdesktop

3>as far as file transfer is concern i use openssh (winSCP, need a wi-fi router or modem) and yes i can use it via Presence VNC and transfer any file!!!!

get your smooth live wallpaper today
My YouTube videos

just one question. . when ever my pc is locked . i mean windows plus l . . lock. . it cant unlock the pc. . it seems the pc must me unlocked to allow a remote session. . is there ny way to unlock the pc n use it?
Make sure when you install VNC on your PC that you set it up to run as a service, that way it will always be running even on the login screen.
I also seem to remember that when you logged out of windows it broke the VNC connection and a reboot was needed, but as I never log out it is never a problem for me, this solution might not be good for you.

Email is convenient way to transfer, this has usually been good enough for me.

I still use the previous version of TightVNC v1.3.10 and I think the login problem exists with it.

Posts: 147 | Thanked: 150 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Finland
I've used WinSCP with Presence VNC to transfer files over Wifi, but running them at the same time does, at least for me, slow the transfer speeds down to a crawl. If you are moving large files, say backups, just set the transfer and close Presence VNC for the estimated duration of it.

Other than that, this program is a joy to use.

Posts: 37 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ /dev/null
firstly. thks u for the awesome app!

like on rdesktop?

thks in advance!
I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "the pc lock", is the screen locking itself because of you being away for too long or is it just no accepting the connection from your n900?

And I'm fairly certain that VNC can't be used for file transfer from client to server.

[EDIT] Oh, it seems I missed that his post was answered, disregard my post please.

Posts: 137 | Thanked: 34 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ United States
Hey guys. I am able to initiate a connection from my computer to the N900, but is there a way to do the opposite? I would like to connect from the N900 to the computer. It seems that Presence only allows to "listen" for devices though.

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by te37v View Post
Hey guys. I am able to initiate a connection from my computer to the N900, but is there a way to do the opposite? I would like to connect from the N900 to the computer. It seems that Presence only allows to "listen" for devices though.
Just enter the computer name (or IP address) in the dialogue box that pops up when you start it (or use the "Connect" menu option if you've already closed the original dialogue).

The Following User Says Thank You to Rob1n For This Useful Post:
First of all, this application is AWESOME, it just feels great on the N900. But I have one question.
I'm willing to use this from the internet, and I don't want the whole connection to go in plaintext, but I don't really care for a strong encryption, just want to be at least safe from "wannabe hackers".
I saw there's an option in UltraVNC server for using an encryption plugin. I was wondering if there's anything I can use for added security with presenceVnc, or if I should go with SSH tunnels and such.

@kattle87:
PresenceVNC has no support for the encryption options provided by some servers, so you'll have to use something like SSH or VPN to tunnel the connection.

Posts: 150 | Thanked: 169 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Sweden
I installed this, and it completely wrecked up my screen when scrolling, for instance in the status menu or in HAM. It was like a bad x-server problem, where everything just turns into distorted, horizontal lines. Luckily I was back to normal after uninstalling, but what could've been the problem? I would like to make use of this if possible, but maybe I'll have to resort to the other VNC viewer.

Originally Posted by bocephus View Post
I installed this, and it completely wrecked up my screen when scrolling, for instance in the status menu or in HAM. It was like a bad x-server problem, where everything just turns into distorted, horizontal lines. Luckily I was back to normal after uninstalling, but what could've been the problem? I would like to make use of this if possible, but maybe I'll have to resort to the other VNC viewer.
@bocephus:
Did this happen only when Presence VNC was running and you opened other apps? This sounds rather outlandish, maybe it's something unrelated?