Active Topics

Closed Thread
Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by silvermountain View Post
Thanks, I have no idea who Kontori is but if the best link to that Nokia is officially working on, and planning 1.3 is a five months old, one sentence post in some random thread about a camera feature - I guess it'll just have to do
http://www.blogger.com/profile/13624128995827387189
http://maemo.org/profile/view/konttori/

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to slender For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,751 | Thanked: 844 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by silvermountain View Post
Where is there a statement that PR1.3 is in the works and is coming?

What does Harmattan have to do with N900 support considering that Harmattan ("Maemo6") is now MeeGo and will not be officially supported on N900?
Harmattan was not supposed to be MeeGo.. i do not know if that have changed lately. I was supposed to still be built on .deb.. as opposed to RPM as Meego will have.

When you are less lazy would you mind posting the links, I know I'm curious.
I might do that...

Posts: 1,048 | Thanked: 1,127 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Amsterdam
He's talking about a preview of qt mobility being in extras-devel. That is still far away from a preview of PR1.3 let alone an official announcement of PR1.3 coming to the N900.

In other words: Utterly useless.

The Following User Says Thank You to anthonie For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by anthonie View Post
He's talking about a preview of qt mobility being in extras-devel. That is still far away from a preview of PR1.3 let alone an official announcement of PR1.3 coming to the N900.

Nokia has not officially pre-announced any of the firmware releases, so you're SOL if you're waiting for that.

Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 717 times | Joined on May 2009 @ ...standing right behind you...
Originally Posted by Rob1n View Post
Nokia has not officially pre-announced any of the firmware releases, so you're SOL if you're waiting for that.
Unfortunately that doesn't quite make his rather 'harsh' comment about that one linked post being "utterly useless" any less valid - one may even argue that it rather supports it.
AutoScan, Diablo5 Theme, Dialcentral, DragLock, EmelFM2, FlipClock, gPodder, Headphoned, Knots 2, Maemo Mapper, mPlayer, openNTPD, OpenSSH, Panucci, Personal Launcher, QuickNote, Seqretary, SlideLock, Telescope, YellowNotes

oh dear god.
First link what i put here was bugs fixed after PR 1.2. Second link was because someone was asking WHO KONTTORI IS. I´m really getting angry around here. What kind of people i´m talking with?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to slender For This Useful Post:
@AlMehdi

Actually, you're right about the community targeted complaints. I ignored that for the better parts of OP's posting.

Syncing with Evolution does NOT work, despite the name SyncEvolution. But I guess it's too much too ask for Nokia to provide a decent simple way to quickly sync my two devices. I opened a thread about this problem and got 0 answers on that. Everybody seems content to use online services, install a webserver to run syncs through a 3d party app. Tried rsync as well, to no avail.

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=58058
I'll take a look at your post.. sometimes they need bumping to reach a more knowledgable member to see.

The Following User Says Thank You to AlMehdi For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by abill_uk View Post
AlMehdi i have to comment here as that was a good post too and that yes i have said before and say again that this community can be MUCH better at support but it needs to get its act together and old standing members lay off the argumentative talk because it actually drives people away as you already know with sad losses to this community.
I am not sure i agree to that.. yes, i am aware of Querty.. But he was generally pissed at everything. Little like you and me can get 03.00 after a friday night.

I think the community works well. A lot of issues have been and are solved within the community.

Syncing with Evolution does NOT work, despite the name SyncEvolution. But I guess it's too much too ask for Nokia to provide a decent simple way to quickly sync my two devices. I opened a thread about this problem and got 0 answers on that. Everybody seems content to use online services, install a webserver to run syncs through a 3d party app. Tried rsync as well, to no avail.

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=58058
Have you made bug report to devel of syncevolution?
http://bit.ly/a3iVXs

And about Comments about Nokia providing support. Try Nokias official channels and if you are not happy then replace device with something that you are more happy with. If not possible then try to solve problem with people here (as it looks like you are trying) who are giving help for free and coding in their free-time.

.edit
Note to myself. Package search linking broken. Had to use bit.ly

Last edited by slender; 2010-08-16 at 10:30.

Posts: 1,048 | Thanked: 1,127 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Amsterdam
@Slender

My reaction was meant for the claim that PR1.3 support was coming. As such I thought the linked post was utterly useless. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

@ AlMehdi

Would be greatly appreciated, if you are, in fact, in the know. Could serve as a nice illustration for community support in this thread too and on top of that, you'd have my long lasting gratitude

Edit: Bumping was something I deliberately avoided as the topic on Evolution had been discussed in quite a few threads already. From the other tech forums I hang out, I know that bumping can be quite annoying.

Last edited by anthonie; 2010-08-16 at 10:37.

Closed Thread

Tags
blablabla bla, check offenders, community v us, lost dummy, reggie please, show-me-proof, shutupabillpls, wheres-reggie