Active Topics

Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Gerbickery is this thread in need of some re-juvenile generation or something? or do you need me to start an argument.

Posts: 1,338 | Thanked: 1,055 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ California, USA / Jordan
lol abill_uk, where's your sense of humor!? :S

The Following User Says Thank You to bandora For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by abill_uk View Post
Gerbickery is this thread in need of some re-juvenile generation or something? or do you need me to start an argument.
Ah, you remember me. Love you too darling.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Sorry Bandora and bless gerbericky hehehe i still have my humour is just i got the dammmm flu so give me a few days and i will pick up again... no offence made or intended to you 2 rotters ... wink.

Posts: 752 | Thanked: 284 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Malaysia
Originally Posted by abill_uk View Post
Accept the N900 for what it is even if it does not have whatever going for it, it is what we own and it is what we will carry on to own.

This community is the answer to ALL problems and eventual Meego migration.

STOP the un-needed whining and the useless talk as it is really old hat now.
I personally felt the N900 did everything the box said it would. The community helped made it so much more and better. So what's the point in kicking yourself for those things other newer phones can do - but not the N900? You should already know that in the first place?

Posts: 352 | Thanked: 231 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Vancouver
whatever... I am no troll no, n900 hater, I don't need pointless fart apps. But the n900 is missing some basic functions. Bugzilla turned out to be a place to give the community the idea it was open development, no tangible improvements have been made that make the n900 a better tool since I bought it at launch. Give me productivity tools, Nokia? do you wonder where things went wrong, I can tell you it happened right here. Meamo, so close only to be dropped, loads of valuable feedback only to be tagged as wontfix because lazy contractors didn't want to make work for themselves. Nokia can still pick up where they left off all the gold is still in Bugzilla, most of it marked as wontfix. The n900 hater is a frustrated customer discovering that the real light at the end of the tunnel was turned off by Nokia. don't get confused by thinking they just want more fart apps, the n900 has almost everything except some of the most basic functions you have come to expect from the standard S40 Nokia phones.

Just think if the n900 was actual perfect we could all stop innovating now.

I get frustrated when the n900 community thinks the phone is perfect because they don't value the things I think are valuable, like all my bugzila input - things I could do on my s40 phone like search and Task descriptions, cant be done on the n900. call it apps call it improvement, market success = value to everyone, and yes i agree the n900 has everything i ever wanted from a phone, except it is missing a lot of what i thought was standard.

Last edited by timwatt; 2011-02-11 at 06:44.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to timwatt For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
In light of the MS <3 Nokia news....

....one can take the 'maemo haters' phenomenon as some very strong signs that Nokia (as a whole) was failing.
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ysss For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by timwatt View Post
whatever... I am no troll no, n900 hater, I don't need pointless fart apps. But the n900 is missing some basic functions. Bugzilla turned out to be a place to give the community the idea it was open development, no tangible improvements have been made that make the n900 a better tool since I bought it at launch. Give me productivity tools, Nokia? do you wonder where things went wrong, I can tell you it happened right here. Meamo, so close only to be dropped, loads of valuable feedback only to be tagged as wontfix because lazy contractors didn't want to make work for themselves. Nokia can still pick up where they left off all the gold is still in Bugzilla, most of it marked as wontfix. The n900 hater is a frustrated customer discovering that the real light at the end of the tunnel was turned off by Nokia. don't get confused by thinking they just want more fart apps, the n900 has almost everything except some of the most basic functions you have come to expect from the standard S40 Nokia phones.

Just think if the n900 was actual perfect we could all stop innovating now.

I get frustrated when the n900 community thinks the phone is perfect because they don't value the things I think are valuable, like all my bugzila input - things I could do on my s40 phone like search and Task descriptions, cant be done on the n900. call it apps call it improvement, market success = value to everyone, and yes i agree the n900 has everything i ever wanted from a phone, except it is missing a lot of what i thought was standard.
My God, man. You've hit it on the head. Brilliant! I mean genuinely, exceptionally intelligent. You've summarized what I think was EXACTLY what began my long, tortured lesson in learning the worthlessness of Nokia's brand. When I'd bought my N800, I truly saw a beautiful future unfolding and a company that was FINALLY investing in open-source. Then, little by little, I watched the WONTFIXES and the FIXED IN FREMANTLE pour on and on and then began to realize that none of these things could actually be fixed by the community. Then it dawned on me, "Heyyyyyy...this isn't open-source." And that's when I began to learn about OPEN-CORE software and the threats and dangers. I had already known about it--made famous by Tivo--but I didn't fully feel its effects until I owned an N800 and watched the ignored bug reports and INCREASINGLY MORECLOSED development process hide behind the moniker of being open-sourced. I think that Nokia's dishonesty, atop of the issues I just mentioned themselves, is what has turned an otherwise beautiful, SEEMINGLY unwalled garden into a reality of hidden fences and locked gates behind hedges... and anybody that didn't manage to leave in time is now watching it all burn to ashes. The Maemo meditation garden has been burning for a while already. I'm fearing the MeeGo side may go now, too. (Lest you forget that MeeGo is huge on QT and now Nokia seems to be making motions that do not instill confidence in QT lately.)

-sigh- What a waste of a potentially beautiful garden.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Oh right.. nearly forgot to mention the significance of the time that Nokia came out to tell us all how the open-source crowd should learn the value of closed-source. Precious. Do you feel it now? Do you feel the value of closed-source now that you can't maintain, update and fix the problems with your device drivers and Nokia's applications (you know, the ones you can't uninstall because the various parts of the system depend on them) on the N900?

I won't even bring up the time Nokia tried to insist that OGG wasn't going to be supported because it was illegal and a patent landmine. I giggle far too much during that recollection. Oh Nokia, you were adorable sometimes.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,463 | Thanked: 1,916 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Edmonton, AB
Yeah and they wouldn't fix the email widget to display inbox subjects with nokia messaging for "legal reasons" either, even though other symbian phones do the exact same thing. I won't bring that up. Bastards. I think they tagged everything I voted on WONTFIX.

The Following User Says Thank You to Creamy Goodness For This Useful Post:

Tags
blah blah blah, blah the end, criticismhearit, flamebait, popcorn time, quit happens, still blah blah, stop it, trollfest