Active Topics

Goodmorning Guru users please i am unable to make ssu update esp. testing it says app package not found. what can i do?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to abdel_95 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by sowwhatyoureap View Post
(as usual, just the generic "conflict with <package>" without any extra info) with libc6-dev (2.5.1-1eglibc27+0m5+cssu1)
Why you have libc6-dev (*-dev*) package installed? In this case you should know what to do and why you have that problem...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:
plz help me i just flashed the phone and now i can't install cssu testing it says app package not found.

The Following User Says Thank You to abdel_95 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
Originally Posted by abdel_95 View Post
plz help me i just flashed the phone and now i can't install cssu testing it says app package not found.
Sounds like a catalogues issue.
Is there a problem tab?

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

The Following User Says Thank You to sixwheeledbeast For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by sixwheeledbeast View Post
Sounds like a catalogues issue.
Is there a problem tab?
plz i don't know what a problem tab is!

This is what i get.
Attached Images

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to abdel_95 For This Useful Post:
Thank you very much for nice christmas present. I upgraded from UI and so far I haven't noticed any problem.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to yarda For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by abdel_95 View Post
This is what i get.
please help me community.

Posts: 1,310 | Thanked: 820 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Irving, TX
Hmmm... Is it just me but both my N900 camera can not save images after the CSSU update. Can someone else try camera and confirm if this is issue only on my N900's?

EDIT: Seems like my filesystem had become read-only explaining the above issue. Changelog says about checking boot sector dirty bit? Wondering if my filesystem had errors and this "dirty bit" triggered the read-only mode?

EDIT2: Tried filesystem scan from WIndows computer as removable drive did not find any errors. Also noticed that the Photos application shows all my taken pictures twice, with same file name. The same issue is on both of my N900's. Anyone any ideas what might have caused this?

Last edited by Mara; 2014-12-26 at 18:13.

The Following User Says Thank You to Mara For This Useful Post:
Posts: 43 | Thanked: 45 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by pali View Post
Why you have libc6-dev (*-dev*) package installed? In this case you should know what to do and why you have that problem...
(As I'm sure you know) libc6-dev is a package used in C development, containing essential libs and header files. Why do I have it installed? Because I do occationally develop in C on-device. I however don't see why that would automatically imply that I "should" know what causes this dependency problem, mind you I don't recall having this issue for the numerous earlier CSSU updates.

What is the package name(s) for the CSSU, i.e. what is it trying to update? I could try to see what apt-get has to say but I'd prefer not to go that route if possible.

I could of course uninstall libc6-dev and the reinstall it when CSSU is updated, but I suppose there is a fat chance libc6-dev would then refuse to install, no? I should perhaps add that when I (late 2010) installed the build essentials I downloaded each package seperately and dpkg -i'd them, but I'm aware there is (and perhaps was) a composite package build-essential for that purpose.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sowwhatyoureap For This Useful Post:

Tags
cssu testing