Originally Posted by extendedping View Post
sorry I keep trying to catch the mysqld output in top but I can't grab it (due to it refreshing) but it is still there.
Just run the following command from X-term to see if mysql is still running:

ps -eaf | grep mysqld

Posts: 509 | Thanked: 522 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ indonesia
well guys. I had problem while i open openoffice shortcut under maemo. Accidently i touch style and formatting. I cant go back to main apps cause there is no (x) close button.
But its weird in debian i can open openoffice.org and close style and formatting.
Any way is this we can use physicall keyboard.
Sorry i ve searched under search engine but nothing.
Iam to lazy to seek page/page.
Thanx fur uy advance

Originally Posted by dannycamps View Post
Just run the following command from X-term to see if mysql is still running:

ps -eaf | grep mysqld
~ $ ps -eaf |grep -i mysql
1801 root 4548 S /bin/sh /usr/bin/mysqld_safe
2081 101 77896 S /usr/sbin/mysqld --basedir=/usr --datadir=/var/lib/my
2082 root 3368 S logger -p daemon.err -t mysqld_safe -i -t mysqld
~ $

and to show I do not have it in maeme

$ sudo dpkg -l |grep -i mysql
~ $

thanks.

Posts: 579 | Thanked: 471 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Austria
Originally Posted by cloud596 View Post
well guys. I had problem while i open openoffice shortcut under maemo. Accidently i touch style and formatting. I cant go back to main apps cause there is no (x) close button.
But its weird in debian i can open openoffice.org and close style and formatting.
Any way is this we can use physicall keyboard.
Sorry i ve searched under search engine but nothing.
Iam to lazy to seek page/page.
Thanx fur uy advance
For this you need the function keys F1-F12, which with "Set Deb HW Keys" are mapped to Fn+Shift+(first row of the keyboard). To get out from Styles&Formatting, you have to press F11 this way.

You don't have to read all of this thread for finding that out, it's like most of the important things in the wiki: http://wiki.maemo.org/Easy_Debian#Se..._and_xbindkeys

Last edited by rebhana; 2010-09-05 at 20:49.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rebhana For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
It seems that it would be a good idea to add shutdown scripts to closechroot. That way, you could shut down problem services like mysqld.

I'll try to add that this week.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:
Thank you quole.

A question,

Is there a fast|automated way to uninstall all unneeded packages, without having to select one per one (with no idea of which ones are important and which not), in order to leave the minumum system possible??

I've installed some programs, these have installed some other packages. Now I don't know how to uninstall all the packages, and I'm having the sensation that the system is getting biger and biger ...

Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Originally Posted by rebhana View Post
After my N900 got stolen and I finally got a new one, I had to reinstall Easy Debian. Fortunately I had kept records of what I had been doing with Easy Debian over the last half year.
On http://wiki.maemo.org/User_talk:Rebhana I have now compiled a concise list of modifications and additions to Easy Debian that I think might be useful to other users of Easy Debian, including a list of packages that I've installed successfully and that I'm actually using regularly.
Very sorry about your n900. Hope you could take advantage of the rebates.

Anyways, Thanks for creating this wiki.

Question. When in LDXE, running pdflatex on a tex file with some figures and images seems to work beautifully. Equations that are fairly complicated come out true and figures look good. But if I run "debbie pdflatex file.tex" from the terminal outside LDXE I run out of space.
Or, if after running apt-get clean and then the pdflatex command (out of root of course) I just get an error "fwrite() failed

Anyway to fix this as it is nice to directly use debbie and not bring up LDXE

Posts: 579 | Thanked: 471 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Austria
Originally Posted by mscion View Post
Question. When in LDXE, running pdflatex on a tex file with some figures and images seems to work beautifully. Equations that are fairly complicated come out true and figures look good. But if I run "debbie pdflatex file.tex" from the terminal outside LDXE I run out of space.
Or, if after running apt-get clean and then the pdflatex command (out of root of course) I just get an error "fwrite() failed
I have no problem running pdflatex outside of LXDE - actually I hardly use LXDE at all.

Perhaps your issue is that your working directory is "/" when you run pdflatex and then you might be in danger of running out of disk space if you have filled your Debian image to the brim! But if you really run your commands by the one line you wrote, it might have just tried to process everything in "/" and failed because user cannot write there.

Try debbie-sue instead of debbie, that will give you /home/user as default working directory. If you want to use some designated directory for your LATeX processing, optimally in MyDocs, you should better first enter a debbie terminal, change to that directory, and then do your processing. Or define a shortcut as described here to be able to run with one line from XTerminal.

Last edited by rebhana; 2010-09-07 at 18:02.

The Following User Says Thank You to rebhana For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Originally Posted by rebhana View Post
I have no problem running pdflatex outside of LXDE - actually I hardly use LXDE at all.

Perhaps your issue is that your working directory is "/" when you run pdflatex and then you are in fact in danger of running out of disk space! If you really run your commands by the one line you wrote, it might have processed everything in "/" and failed because user cannot write there.

Try debbie-sue instead of debbie, that will give you /home/user as default working directory. If you want to use some designated directory for your LATeX processing, optimally in MyDocs, you should better first enter a debbie terminal, change to that directory, and then do your processing. Or define a shortcut as described here to be able to run with one line from XTerminal.
Thanks! Using debbie-sue did the trick. It took me a while but
I now see the benefit of running applications from the command line instead of first running LDXE.

Tags
beta, debian, easy debian, extras-devel, fremantle, i <3 qole, squeeze