Active Topics

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8Tiua4BNQo

0.29s its landscape and an on-screen keyboard.....

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to K.Singh For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,225 | Thanked: 1,905 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Quezon City, Philippines
If they do put out a swkb device it better be a GOOD kb. The ones on Symbian (and M5) are the worst I've ever seen.

EDIT: It's still bad. It's already capacitive and the kb can change layouts, why not do it the N900 way (blue arrow + blue symbol)

Last edited by Hurrian; 2011-05-21 at 10:22.

Posts: 490 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Hannover-Germany-EU-Earth
Originally Posted by Hurrian View Post
If they do put out a swkb device it better be a GOOD kb. The ones on Symbian (and M5) are the worst I've ever seen.

EDIT: It's still bad. It's already capacitive and the kb can change layouts, why not do it the N900 way (blue arrow + blue symbol)
but thats the dev device with keyboard, the consumer device will be different/better!

does anyone know if the consumer device has HDMI?

it would be a very good argument for a qHD screen as it would scale very nicely across a 1080p screen..............

I hope the consumer device will have a decent camera... If it's really that slim as rumored (max 10 mm), how to put an AF module in it? If this will be EDoF, that's an absolute no-go for me, no matter how advanced the OS is...

The Following User Says Thank You to marrat For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,225 | Thanked: 1,905 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Quezon City, Philippines
Well, we can hope that they're still polishing up the software. They better take advantage of that multitouch.

While we're at it, what does this do?

Originally Posted by marrat View Post
I hope the consumer device will have a decent camera... If it's really that slim as rumored (max 10 mm), how to put an AF module in it? If this will be EDoF, that's an absolute no-go for me, no matter how advanced the OS is...
Aye edof would be total killer... in a bad way. I take 4 years old N95 camera module rather than Nokia's 2011 8mpx edof camera.

Posts: 490 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Hannover-Germany-EU-Earth
it will have hdmi and it wont be edof... they will putt every possible high end part in it, so everybody will be excited (except of those who needs a hwkb for live)

The Following User Says Thank You to Brock For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Hurrian View Post
Well, we can hope that they're still polishing up the software. They better take advantage of that multitouch.

While we're at it, what does this do?
maybe a port for usb/hdmi or one of the stereo speaker.. just a suggestion, maybe i can see more in the high res teaser later.

does someone has any bencmark results comparing u8500+mali400 compared to other dc SoC? that would be interesting...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Brock For This Useful Post:

Tags
duke nukem4eva, epic!, harmattan, n-950, nokia diamond, non-believers, rm680, wasteland