Active Topics

What i heard today from an reliable source, the nokia linux device is on schedule and comes later this summer, jihaaaa. But, it does not have hardware keyboard. I self do trust on this information, but still this is just an other rumor.. Nothing else i couldnt get from him.

Originally Posted by qwazix View Post
Have you seen the N95 camera module. If you see one you will stop wondering why the N95 is an absolute brick. It must be more than 18 mm thick.
the N95 is 19.55 mm thick w/ the protruding camera lens & flash
18 mm body only
NOKIA site seems to be belly up right now, provide the URL later

The Following User Says Thank You to misterc For This Useful Post:
Posts: 490 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Hannover-Germany-EU-Earth
Originally Posted by godofwar424 View Post
Im sorry, but if you say consumers dont want keyboards then u seriously must not get out much..

Besides the iPhone craze, go look at most younger people aged from 15-30 which are the ones who will most likely be getting phones like this.

Most of them will prefer a HARDWARE keyboard, not them shitty touchscreen nonsense. Most people get blackberry's n phones with QWERTY keyboards purely as this generation sends texts NON STOP!

Nobody wants to sit typing thousands of SMS' on some crappy touch screen keyboard...

It nokia don't release their device without a keyboard then they are just plain stupid, and are going to be loosing out on ALOT of money... Inlcuding mine.
i dont believe that a hwkb is a must have for most people... why? if this would be true, there would be more devices with a keyboard. and no one is writing thousands of sms in a day nor a month... most people are writing SHORT messages. and as long as (and only then) the swkb is better then the one we have seen at our n900 or at any android kb, everybode (except of developers or stubborn people who dont like changes) will be happy.

Dont get me wrong, i use the hwkb of the n900 almost every time i have to write something, but thats not because i like it, its because i dont like the swkb. If the swkb would be at least as good as the one at ios (man, i hate ios and apple, but sometimes they do things correct) it should be good enough for everybody here (except of devs and stubborns ). And if someone still dont like the swkb, regardless of how good it is, then he can still get a bt kb... but dont hope that all your wishes will come true... we are not kids anymore, so a little bit more realism would be good.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Brock For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by misterc View Post
i'm with you, 200%
and i think Rich Green is w/ us, too
YEAH RIGHT! What he is saying about "we will listening to Meego responses is:"

He probadly mean:

"Microsoft will later take best stuff from Meego device and integrate it in WP8"

History has shown it before. Going in bed with Microsoft BIG FAIL

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by Koajwujwer123 View Post
Thanks for the processor spec. I wasn't too sure of what it was running inside myself. Whatever it is , very smooth UI.
are you saying there is no terminal app to check that!?

cat /proc/cpuinfo

If not the deviuce is for sure bigfail :-(

Posts: 590 | Thanked: 475 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ New York City
If all is true about no kb, I will wait until the reviews are in on the swkb and if they say it's an absolute dream - don't worry - I'll go for it. My sausage fingers are awful on touchscreen. That's why I have a N900 + stylus.

Other than that, maybe wait until a hwkb WP comes out, but I will have to spend all day holding down the vomit each time I see that bloody Windows logo all over the f-ing place.

The Following User Says Thank You to AndyNokia232 For This Useful Post:
lol at the tags - i am honored

Posts: 1,885 | Thanked: 2,008 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ OVI MAPS
Originally Posted by Frappacino View Post
lol at the tags - i am honored
I spotted that tag this morning as I was sipping my coffee, made me choke on it coffee shot all down my chest

Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
Hey guys.
I think I have to say that I haven't seen the consumer device yet.
All that is based on information by Nokia.

(not the case with developer device)

hehe, and what I like most is that Eldar Murtazin doesn't have a tiny clue..

Last edited by zehjotkah; 2011-05-21 at 13:19.

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to zehjotkah For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
Originally Posted by misterc View Post
the N95 is 19.55 mm thick w/ the protruding camera lens & flash
18 mm body only
NOKIA site seems to be belly up right now, provide the URL later
ok, I stand corrected, but still the camera accounts for the majority of the n95's (today unacceptable) thickness.
________
Housewives Webcams

Last edited by qwazix; 2011-08-21 at 10:58.

Tags
duke nukem4eva, epic!, harmattan, n-950, nokia diamond, non-believers, rm680, wasteland