Notices

Poll: Is this application useful to you?
Poll Options
Is this application useful to you?

Posts: 1,048 | Thanked: 979 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ SF Bay Area
Is it possible to not open the changelog page on every boot? It's annoying to have MyContacts as well as Macuco2 changelogs pop up every time I reboot.
qgvnotify: Google voice and contacts notifier for diablo and maemo.

If you want to thank me, click the Thanks button.
If you'd like to thank my applications, vote to move them to extras.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Thanks for the great app, I can finally check my mails with mobile view, as I have wanted since I got the N900. However, I'm facing a small problem. I can't run Macuco2 from X-Term. If I try to do so I get this:

Code:
Nokia-N900:~# macuco2
-sh: macuco2: not found
Nokia-N900:~# sh /opt/crochik/macuco2 
/opt/crochik/macuco2: line 1: syntax error: word unexpected (expecting ")")
Nokia-N900:~# python /opt/crochik/macuco2 
  File "/opt/crochik/macuco2", line 1
SyntaxError: Non-ASCII character '\x81' in file /opt/crochik/macuco2 on line 2, but no encoding declared; see http://www.python.org/peps/pep-0263.html for details
Now, this is not really that necessary to me since I can still run the app from desktop. However, I'd like to make a shortcut to launch just the Gmail in Macuco, since I don't really need it for anything else, for now.

How do I start Macuco from the X-Terminal?

Posts: 722 | Thanked: 1,223 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by geekgirl74 View Post
The latest release is just great Thank you for making it the best browser for the N900. Will make another donation soon.

Edit: could you implement a possibility to change the useragent only for certain sites?
You read my mind. My idea was to have the application save the user agent with the bookmark. Would that work?

BTW, thank you again for your donations!

My maemo work:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For Harmattan:
GeePS - native UI around google maps - GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps".
Shutdown - shutdown and reboot with one click - QuickCall - one click call, skypeout and google voice integration using dial tones.
WakeOnLan - wake computers on your local network.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For Maemo/N900:
GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps". - MobWebMail: browser optimized to access multiple gmail accounts
MyContacts: 75 Contacts on your desktop, ring tones per group and more - GeePS: native front-end for google maps
Macuco2 : web browser to access web sites optimized for the iphone - WakeOnLan: wake up computers on your local network
dbBrowser: Simple application to browse sqlite databases

The Following User Says Thank You to fcrochik For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by uvatbc View Post
Is it possible to not open the changelog page on every boot? It's annoying to have MyContacts as well as Macuco2 changelogs pop up every time I reboot.
It should only show once after every update. I can't understand why it shows more than once. In fact I have a guess: you probably just need to exit the application using shutdown (instead of killing it) so the settings are updated and the upgrade complete.

I will change both applications to automatically save the settings after the upgrade so it won't happen again.

My maemo work:
For Harmattan:
GeePS - native UI around google maps - GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps".
Shutdown - shutdown and reboot with one click - QuickCall - one click call, skypeout and google voice integration using dial tones.
For Maemo/N900:
GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps". - MobWebMail: browser optimized to access multiple gmail accounts
MyContacts: 75 Contacts on your desktop, ring tones per group and more - GeePS: native front-end for google maps
Macuco2 : web browser to access web sites optimized for the iphone - WakeOnLan: wake up computers on your local network

Originally Posted by rantom View Post
Thanks for the great app, I can finally check my mails with mobile view, as I have wanted since I got the N900. However, I'm facing a small problem. I can't run Macuco2 from X-Term. If I try to do so I get this:

Code:
Nokia-N900:~# sh /opt/crochik/macuco2 
/opt/crochik/macuco2: line 1: syntax error: word unexpected (expecting ")")
Nokia-N900:~# python /opt/crochik/macuco2 
  File "/opt/crochik/macuco2", line 1
SyntaxError: Non-ASCII character '\x81' in file /opt/crochik/macuco2 on line 2, but no encoding declared; see http://www.python.org/peps/pep-0263.html for details
Now, this is not really that necessary to me since I can still run the app from desktop. However, I'd like to make a shortcut to launch just the Gmail in Macuco, since I don't really need it for anything else, for now.

How do I start Macuco from the X-Terminal?
With the latest version macuco2 should be enough.
macuco2 it is a shell script that will call a dbus method. You can duplicate it and replace the method "start" with "open" and pass the URL.

My maemo work:
For Harmattan:
For Maemo/N900:

Originally Posted by fcrochik View Post
With the latest version macuco2 should be enough.
macuco2 it is a shell script that will call a dbus method. You can duplicate it and replace the method "start" with "open" and pass the URL.
I still get

Code:
Even after a reboot. And yes, this is the stable one from Extas.

And yes, this is the stable one from Extas.
You will need the latest version from extras-devel in order to use the DBUS method mentioned before.

The is the command line to start macuco and open an URL:

Code:
dbus-send --dest=com.crochik.Macuco --print-reply / com.crochik.Macuco.open string:"http://www.crochik.com/macuco2" boolean:true
Note: for the last argument (boolean) use true for iphone or false for standard webkit user agent.

and you can use this to introspect the macuco dbus interface:

Code:
dbus-send --print-reply --dest=com.crochik.Macuco / org.freedesktop.DBus.Introspectable.Introspect

My maemo work:
For Harmattan:
For Maemo/N900:

You will need the latest version from extras-devel in order to use the DBUS method mentioned before.
Ah, well that explains it. Thanks though (commands, as I assumed, didn't work since I'm running the wrong version). I'll wait for the new version to arrive to Extras, meanwhile I'll keep using Macuco to check the Gmail.

Thanks again.

You read my mind. My idea was to have the application save the user agent with the bookmark. Would that work?

BTW, thank you again for your donations!
yes, that would be great, if the application could save the ua with the bookmarks (if you don't mean the desktop bookmarks, I use them less often, than I thought).
You're welcome - keep up the good work

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Ah, well that explains it. Thanks though (commands, as I assumed, didn't work since I'm running the wrong version). I'll wait for the new version to arrive to Extras, meanwhile I'll keep using Macuco to check the Gmail.

Thanks again.
The version 0.1.15 is in extras-testing and has only 3 (out of the required 10) votes. I will promote the latest (0.1.16) if and when the 0.1.15 gets promoted.

Just so you know: you may have to wait a while...

My maemo work:
For Harmattan:
For Maemo/N900: