Notices

Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
For me the synchronization for Contacts works mostly fine but some of the contacts get duplicates (not only when synchronizing but also when connected to Google Talk). I think it's related to having multiple phone/email entries and I remembered to read something related to that but now I cannot find it. Any info about how to fix it?

Sometimes a contact gets its address duplicated, one with dots at the end of each field and the other without them.

The last issue I found is that Goolge Talk accounts change to Jabber accounts from time to time.

By the way, I've seen new packaged entering the repos, any changelog?

hi 2 all,
i have a problem with the installation ov synevolution. it's not possible, missing lib "libpcre3" installation of this lib with apt-get install libpcre3 shows that it's again not possible because it's not valid anymore
ca i get some help here?

Posts: 560 | Thanked: 423 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Switzerland
On your N900, go to this page: http://maemo.org/packages/package_in...6.7-1osso1+r1/
And click on the libpcre3_6.7-1osso1+r1_armel.deb
It should get downloaded and installed.
CacheMe 4 the N9, a geocaching client / MiniBible, a bible viewer / TheWord brings daily bible verses onto your phone / BatteryGraph to monitor the battery drainage / doublepress2unlock to unlock your phone with a double press onto the power button / GPRS Data Usage to monitor your GPRS data usage /
and more...

On N900 check out this: SleepAnalyser to analyse your sleep movements / PasswordMaker a for a password generator

The Following User Says Thank You to caco3 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by caco3 View Post
On your N900, go to this page: http://maemo.org/packages/package_in...6.7-1osso1+r1/
And click on the libpcre3_6.7-1osso1+r1_armel.deb
It should get downloaded and installed.
hello, thanks for the fast given tip ...
but: i tried to install it, it is not possible
"installation not possible, lib is not compatible"
any new advice ?
thanks in advance

Last edited by medheman; 2011-09-12 at 20:18. Reason: correction of writings ..

can you try to install it in the terminal?
(You will need root rights for that, please check the forum for help)
then install it with
dpkg -i /var/cache/apt/archives/libpcre3_6.7-1osso1+r1_armel.deb
The file might have another version number!
CacheMe 4 the N9, a geocaching client / MiniBible, a bible viewer / TheWord brings daily bible verses onto your phone / BatteryGraph to monitor the battery drainage / doublepress2unlock to unlock your phone with a double press onto the power button / GPRS Data Usage to monitor your GPRS data usage /
and more...

On N900 check out this: SleepAnalyser to analyse your sleep movements / PasswordMaker a for a password generator

The Following User Says Thank You to caco3 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 44 | Thanked: 73 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Freiburg, Germany
Hi,

I installed a funambol server on my home server and want to use it to sync my contacts between Evolution (on Ubuntu Laptop) and N900. After the first slow-sync between these clients (using syncevolution with GUI client) and funambol I got a long list of contacts with many duplicates on my N900. I corrected all errors and removed all duplicates. Then I used syncevolution on N900 with option "Refresh from Client" to replace all contacts on funambol server with this good contacts list from N900.

All contacts are written to funambol server but many fields are missing. There is at most one e-mail address per contact and postal address is completly missing. Other fields (name, avatar, some phone numbers etc) arrive as expected.

Any idea why so many fields are lost?

Thank you for help, gilead

I am not sure which fields are supported in the sync. I.E. my skype contacts are not getting synced!
and more...

Posts: 44 | Thanked: 73 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Freiburg, Germany
I am not sure which fields are supported in the sync. I.E. my skype contacts are not getting synced!
Its not only a problem of Skype contacts for me. I entered a lot of data manually (e.g. postal addresses) and theses are not synced at all to the funambol server.

Is it a problem of funambol, syncevolution or some settings on my side? I don't know and have no more ideas to find out.

Regards, gilead

can you try to install it in the terminal?
(You will need root rights for that, please check the forum for help)
then install it with
dpkg -i /var/cache/apt/archives/libpcre3_6.7-1osso1+r1_armel.deb
The file might have another version number!
thanks a lot, works now very well, terminal was no problem ;-)

An easy way to synchronize Maemo Calendar with a CalDAV service:

1. With the extras-devel repository enabled, install the package syncevolution-frontend

2. Open the SyncEvolution application

3. Tap on "Sync services", and press "Add new service". Next.

4. Give a name to this subscription, select "Google calendar" template, and Next.

5. Replace the "Sync URL" for the right one of your existing remote account. Fill username and password in Account boxes if necessary.

6. Ignore the "Database configuration is not currently available for this service type" warning. Next, Finish.

* Tested with DAViCal server software

Tags
calendar sync, maemo 5