Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 38 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ GTA Ontario
Originally Posted by reinob View Post
Another thing that really bothers me is that when I'm traveling south, the arrow is pointing (and moving) down, which:

(1) makes it difficult to have an overview of where you are and what's coming, especially because:

(2) the "status bar" having the navigation instructions is always at the bottom and taking a good 25-30% of the screen real estate, so basically all I could see was an arrow pointing to the status bar, i.e. no details of where I was heading to.
I've commented on the following wish:
https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=278657

I do like the instructions, but wished they would move out of the way depending on the direction of travel.

When traveling between SE and SW, have the box move to the top and when moving between NW and NE, have it move back. (Might need to compensate for standing still, since then it can appear the move at random.)

Please vote for this bug/wish

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gadgetChris For This Useful Post:
I second this - Marble saved my train trip (I was heading via motorcar to station in foreign city), but indeed traveling south was quite a fight with zooming, to see where I'm coming, because blasted instructions covered map. Fortunately, I wasn't one driving, so constant controlling application wasn't a problem - but, in other situations, I would be forced to turn instructions off. And I really enjoy instructions, otherwise

If automatic placement of instructions window isn't so trivial, at least allowing one to place it manually - like all other marble windows - would be great.
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Originally Posted by Mara View Post
This is not a Marble error but error in Openstreetmap database.
... However, I think I did correct it enough so that once the database is updated your routing problem is gone.
Curious when will Marble recognize that the Ontario map is updated?

It still does not route properly, even though the OSM is corrected

Posts: 87 | Thanked: 535 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Karlsruhe, Germany
I'm aware of the recenter isue when travelling south. So far I didn't fix it because it either requires quite some new code to make the needed information available, or a hack. I try to avoid hacks, but maybe I should go for this one...

In other news I have a new N900, so testing the Maemo version is possible again :-) But there's also this nice Android tablet I want to make Marble work on. And Meego. So many choices :-)

I heard that the latest community update brings qt 4.7.4 which breaks Marble. Probably an ABI issue I can't fix on our side.
Update: Ignore this, works again.

We have a really nice patch pending for Marble 1.3 that will show the height profile for routes. I'll post some screenshots when it's in master and tested on the N900, stay tuned.

@gadgetChris: Ontario is updated, can you give it a try?

Last edited by earthwings; 2011-09-15 at 06:13.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to earthwings For This Useful Post:
what exactly is supposed to be broken in Marble after update to QT 4.7.4? I use KP48/ latest CSSU and it seems to be working fine...
-
Camera cover MOD
-
-
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Posts: 87 | Thanked: 535 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Karlsruhe, Germany
Seems like the second update fixed it again. Marble didnt seem to start with the update the day before.

The Following User Says Thank You to earthwings For This Useful Post:
how can I download the maps on ma PC and the transfer them to the phone? is it possible to download the whole world like with Nokia Maps? how big would that file be?

fw190, it probably depends on how close "zoom" You would like to get
-
Camera cover MOD
-
-
-

Originally Posted by earthwings View Post
@gadgetChris: Ontario is updated, can you give it a try?
OK thanks; Marble did find the update, but there is still something wrong on the map. Do I need to let you know, when I've done the next fix, or how does Marble find the update?

@ Estel- Very close- like in Nokia Maps.

Tags
marble, nokia n900