Originally Posted by daperl View Post
@marxian

Search results were very poor until I made the following changes:

Code:
-- cutetubewindows.py.orig	2010-11-22 22:51:33.000000000 -0800
+++ cutetubewindows.py	2010-11-22 22:52:20.000000000 -0800
@@ -477,10 +477,10 @@
         self.show() 
         searchTerms = self.searchString.replace(" ", "+")
         if username == None:
-            self.videoFeed = "http://gdata.youtube.com/feeds/api/videos?vq=<%22" + searchTerms + "%22>&orderby=" + searchOrder
+            self.videoFeed = "http://gdata.youtube.com/feeds/api/videos?vq=" + searchTerms + "&orderby=" + searchOrder
             self.actionSearch.setVisible(True)
         else:
-            self.videoFeed = "http://gdata.youtube.com/feeds/api/videos?author=" + username + "&vq=<%22" + searchTerms + "%22>&orderby=" + searchOrder
+            self.videoFeed = "http://gdata.youtube.com/feeds/api/videos?author=" + username + "&vq=" + searchTerms + "&orderby=" + searchOrder
 	print 'videoFeed',self.videoFeed
         self.yt = youtubeservice.YouTubeVideoFeed(self, self.videoFeed)
         self.connect(self.yt, SIGNAL("dataLoaded(PyQt_PyObject)"), self.addVideo)
Now search is poppin'!

You rock!
Of course! I left the '<' and '>' characters in the search terms. Doh. I'll change it. It also means I can use string formatting rather than concatenation.

As for the random crashing. It is stable when using
Code:
run-standalone.sh /opt/cutetube/cutetube.py
but crashes randomly when executing via the .desktop file.

My website

GitHub

Last edited by marxian; 2010-11-23 at 12:15.

I admit I have not had time to read this thread. Well the first version did not open and the newest just keeps crashing...so that is progress, I guess the next version will open and not crash...does look like a nice app once it is ironed out.

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by extendedping View Post
I admit I have not had time to read this thread. Well the first version did not open and the newest just keeps crashing...so that is progress, I guess the next version will open and not crash...does look like a nice app once it is ironed out.
It runs fine from the terminal using the command in my last post, but not when launching from the menu/desktop. I still haven't figured out why. It doesn't make any sense, since the shortcut runs the same file.

My website

GitHub

Excuse me guys............I would like to install this app in my Nokia N900...................but where is the download available? How to install this?
Thanks

Originally Posted by marxian View Post
It runs fine from the terminal using the command in my last post, but not when launching from the menu/desktop. I still haven't figured out why. It doesn't make any sense, since the shortcut runs the same file.
Please post the answer, what an annoying mystery

The Following User Says Thank You to extendedping For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by blwetorch View Post
Excuse me guys............I would like to install this app in my Nokia N900...................but where is the download available? How to install this?
Thanks
There is a link to an up to date file in the first post on the first page.

Posts: 100 | Thanked: 543 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Kiev, Ukraine
Great application. But I confirm crashing when launched from Desktop. Crashes unexpectedly(while downloading, while viewing video). When launched from command line, seems to work correctly. Maybe some environment python-sensitive variables?

Posts: 136 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Greece
I installed 0.9.0-9 from the devel catalog.
It starts from the icon just fine. It also opens internet connection.
Just great!

Thanks philh....I shall give that a try.

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by divan View Post
Great application. But I confirm crashing when launched from Desktop. Crashes unexpectedly(while downloading, while viewing video). When launched from command line, seems to work correctly. Maybe some environment python-sensitive variables?
I worked it out. I created a new .desktop file, but forgot to remove the osso-service parameter. From the py2deb wiki:

Note that you need the X-Osso-Service line only if you actually use osso services. Including that line in the .desktop file without proper handling of osso events in the application will result in the application being terminated shortly after startup.

I'll make the necessary changes and upload a new build shortly.

*sigh*

My website

GitHub

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:

Tags
youtube