Notices

Posts: 166 | Thanked: 191 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Oulu, Finland
Originally Posted by BigTony View Post
I've just been using eCoach for a day or so, 1 thing I've not worked out how to do is name/re-name tracks. I cycle pretty much the same route each day, then different routes at the weekend, so being able to name them would be handy.
You can add note for the track in the menu in a map view but currently you can see that note only in the HeiaHeia website.
I have to fix it so that the note can be seen also in the activity log view and it could be added to the filename also...

Last edited by sampppa; 2010-05-23 at 07:18.

Originally Posted by Pigro View Post
Can anyone advise what is the puropse of the FFWD/RWD (>> and <<) buttons in the activity log? they don't seem to do anything for me (I was hoping they'd let me scroll through each file, displaying its data without having to navigate to the file on disk each time ...)
These are for gpx files that have multiple tracks on the same file.
I dont know but now as graphs are below the stats maybe it would be possible to implement swipe gesture to switch to next or previous activity

Originally Posted by Helmuth View Post
Is it possible to try to automatical reconnect if the Bluetooth signal is lost? Or is this out of scope from eCoach and a Maemo Bluetooth Stack Problem?
I think this is beyond eCoach to solve

Just one small question, how can I set the default activity to cycling? I set it each time I use eCoach, but its always returned to Running.

Cheers

Originally Posted by sampppa View Post
One thing that came to my mind is that are you trying to upload some old activities, recorded with older versions of eCoach? That doesnt work because from those files eCoach doesnt know which type of a sport it was and HeiaHeia requires that info.
Yes, this must be it, because new workouts work perfectly well. Good to know! Old workouts can probably be edited in a text editor to include the sport type, if seeing one's entire workout history seems necessary.

Props for the new version too, it's good that it gives a proper error message if something goes wrong with the upload.

HeiaHeia didn't impress me right away; at the moment it seems to lack many features that are present in Nokia Sports Tracker. Actually, it hardly has any features at all, just the workout upload and a very simple and limited way of looking at the workouts. On the other hand, uploading to HH is now much more convenient, so I guess I'll just wait and hope they develop the service further. It's still in beta after all.

Originally Posted by sampppa View Post
I can of course add more sport types to the list... HeiaHeia has aroud 130 different sports supported so i guess there is something for everyone
Why not! But if there are going to be dozens to choose from, please make it configurable what are displayed by default. Doesn't sound like fun to always select from a list of 130 if I'm only eg. 5 apply to my hobbies.

Last edited by Juhgu; 2010-05-25 at 22:36.

The Following User Says Thank You to Juhgu For This Useful Post:
Posts: 113 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Port of Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
I have been using eCoach for about a month and I have to say it is excellent!
I have only a question, why not adding a calorie counter? If we enter age, gender and weight, and considering activity and speed (even inclination if you please) it shouldn't be so hard.
What do you say? Will it be supported?
Thanks for an excellent app!!!
Cheers

The Following User Says Thank You to cjsegninir For This Useful Post:
I mentioned earlier how it'd be great if the user could delete incorrect GPS readings from the workout map.

I wanted to see what would happen if I just deleted incorrect readings manually from the .gpx file, using a text editor. Turned out, eCoach doesn't mind at all. It calculates the correct route like nothing happened. Cool!

On the left is the original workout, where the software, due to some bad GPS readings, thought I had taken a detour through some buildings at a leisurely pace of 41km/h. On the right is the same workout when I deleted a couple of bad entries from the .gpx file.

Of course locating and editing the bad readings using a text editor isn't very handy. But what if I could just click on the corrupt point on the eCoach map, and select delete?

Last edited by Juhgu; 2010-05-27 at 12:17.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Juhgu For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Juhgu View Post

Of course locating and editing the bad readings using a text editor isn't very handy. But what if I could just click on the corrupt point on the eCoach map, and select delete?
This would be a bit difficult to edit because there are usually so many gps route points, but maybe if user first zooms very close...

Originally Posted by cjsegninir View Post
I have been using eCoach for about a month and I have to say it is excellent!
I have only a question, why not adding a calorie counter? If we enter age, gender and weight, and considering activity and speed (even inclination if you please) it shouldn't be so hard.
What do you say? Will it be supported?
Thanks for an excellent app!!!
Cheers
I have to think about this, shouldnt be too difficult

Originally Posted by Juhgu View Post
HeiaHeia didn't impress me right away; at the moment it seems to lack many features that are present in Nokia Sports Tracker. Actually, it hardly has any features at all, just the workout upload and a very simple and limited way of looking at the workouts. On the other hand, uploading to HH is now much more convenient, so I guess I'll just wait and hope they develop the service further. It's still in beta after all.
HeiaHeia will have a support for the map, we just dont know yet on when they get it ready and when i have time to implement gpx file uploading.

Now that PR1.2 and Qt mobility API is out, I will soon release the first version of Qt eCoach. Currently i have GPX writing and map stuff ready but no analyze view yet.

With Qt all this upload stuff is so much easier to implement than to hack more features in the current GTK version.

Btw. What would be good name for the Qt eCoach? qCoach eCoachQt, CuteCoach, QtCoach or what?