Posts: 1,674 | Thanked: 171 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Anderson, IN
In other words just leave the format and options we had on ITT ? No need to fix what wasnt broken.

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by penguinbait View Post
...it was Reggie who wants to run a poll.
Yes, I caught his implication that you should do something like run a poll, and as you'd been asking what you needed to do to move the additional theme process along, I thought it might be a your next step. Additionally, as there's been some difficulties of late with polls that were missing options, I thought I'd get the ball rolling--and include some attempts at humor.

Sorry if I upset you.

The Following User Says Thank You to sjgadsby For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
Wow, I can only say I am tired. It is apparent that the information I had been given was incorrect.

I am to the point that I have showed you clearly what I want.

I have shown support from a large amount of the community.

You say those people no longer support what they voted for?

I have been told by the council members that I am tearing this community apart.

As I have said I do not get it. I really see no reason to keep explaining myself, or running any more polls as you suggest.

I think you know there is community support for this as well as a classic theme.

So you know what the community wants, you can choose to act on this, or not, that goes for Council and Maemo.

If you guys want to run another poll, I will vote, but I really don't feel like discussing it any further.

I really think the best thing is to use this as the first topic we raise to a higher level of awareness
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by Reggie View Post
Let's try to aim for just one extra theme. If that's the case, what would it be?
In my opinion, something that reflects the tablets... I know that's vague, just meant as a starting point.

Posts: 1,605 | Thanked: 1,601 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Southern California
I have been told by the council members that I am tearing this community apart.
Excuse me. I don't remember saying anything like this.

Tim

Posts: 1,605 | Thanked: 1,601 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Southern California
Another thought... Someone could develop a Stylish style for maemo.org:

http://userstyles.org/

Tim

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Okay, stop bickering. I am working on a kinda dark theme, similar to the default one (and more, but for that later).

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Reggie View Post
But then, who wants that? Where did that suggestion come from? ..and with only 3 votes?
That suggestion came from me, as a way to satisfy people who want a "dark" theme without actually adding a new theme.

Think of it this way, if it will take a month's work developing a feature like that, will it be worth it?
Why would it take a month to develop this feature? If the colors are defined via CSS, it should take a rather trivial piece of JavaScript to change them to the new values.

The Following User Says Thank You to fms For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
Originally Posted by timsamoff View Post
Excuse me. I don't remember saying anything like this.

Tim
Thats because it was your lead council member, your General
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Thats because it was your lead council member...
Jaffa? He's the current chair.