Notices

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
The thread "Shazam - Support all O.S but not maemo?" with nine posts has been merged into this thread.

It is not a music-download tool as mentioned above, it is THE tool to accurately and quickly identify any music that is playing around you! JUst record a short piece - 5-20 sec - and Shazam will present you all metadata about the song (artist, album, year ...)

It's a great idea and great tool! Hope they port it !!

Originally Posted by nikrohr View Post
PLEASE SIGN!!!

HERE

Thx, Dominique, Switzerland

Shazam:
"As the N900 is running the Maemo 5 Operating system, Shazam will not be compatible when the phone is released.
Currently there’s no plan to develop an app for the Maemo 5 OS but this could change. Full details would be added to our website prior to release."

About Shazam:
The app works (N97 for example) seamlessly with Nokia Music Store, enabling you to buy and download music as soon as its identified by Shazam. Users can identify music from anywhere including radio, TV, film or in a store by simply holding their device towards the music and selecting ‘Tag Now’.
What happens there after is a detailed report that comes out in seconds showing Track, Artist, Album….
dear .. i've contact with shazam via their site, they never mentioned "no plan to develop.." but they mentioned "TILL NOW HAVEN'T BEEN DEVELOPED" without giving any promise to do & without refusing to do it..
good luck for all..

Moderator | Posts: 3,716 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Originally Posted by andraeseus1 View Post
now i just catch a phrase or something in the song and Google it on my n90-, it seems to work great for me.
What if the music doesn't have lyrics
haha

Posts: 169 | Thanked: 41 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Portugal
RE: Product comments or sugesstions - Request‏
De: Shazam Support (support@shazamteam.com)
Risco médioÉ possível que não conheça este remetente.Marcar como seguro|Marcar como correio electrónico não solicitado
Enviada: quarta-feira, 14 de Abril de 2010 13:43:01
Para: 'Filipe' (nokian-series@hotmail.com)

Hi there

While I can say our development team are continually working on bringing the service to as many platforms and regions as possible, I’m not entirely sure when or if a version for Maemo-based handsets will be available.

Full details of any new release would be made available on our website prior to launch date.

Kind regards,

Daniel Van Damn
Customer Services
t: +44 (0) 845 052 8100
w: www.shazam.com

Can't someone just reverse engineer the way Shazam on iPhone/iPod Touch or Android sends data to the server, and adapt it as an open sourced app/library?

Posts: 95 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Amsterdam, The Netherlands
I wonder how the technology works.
How does their system analyse so quickly and give a result regardless what the segment of the song is sent?
Google time!

Does somebody got Midomi to work on n900?It doesnt record when i start

Posts: 125 | Thanked: 35 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to daemonfin For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by daemonfin View Post
Shazam in n900 http://www.youtube.com/user/NokiaCon.../0/39D-a3OU1Nk about in 1:30
Nice spot!