Active Topics

Originally Posted by Venomrush View Post
I'm just trying pin point the issue and this seems like the cause from what people been reporting (all I've talked to with defected mic had charged up before turning on for the first time)

Well when yours come, charge it for a while then turn on and call. Prove me wrong

I would go as far as earthing yourself by touching the radiator before you touch your N900. Why do you think the tech guys (fixing laptops etc) wear those equipments to earth themself?

Considering the N900 mainly made of plastic, rather be safe than sorry mate.
Make sure to ALWAYS wear gloves when using your N900 okay.

Banned | Posts: 537 | Thanked: 117 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ N900 LAND
Originally Posted by xitrum View Post
EXACTLY . ONLY stupid people think of something like "charge the phone 1st and you'll mess it up or your phone got "electricshock" from your body" . What on earth are you talking about. Those have nothing to do with N900 issues. IT IS A DEFECT UNIT. They ALWAYS recommend you to fully charge your phone before using it, IDIOTS.
I agree i have had loads of nokia phone and most of them just put in bat and your away never a problem
STATIC MY ARSE

Static will damage sensitive devices like transistors and will easily kill some devices like MOSFET. However, it's not that easy. Firstly, when soldered onto something conductive, devices become less sensitive to static because the conductor around them takes some of the punishment.
Also, circuit designers aren't *****s. There is similar phenomena (i think it's called transient state in english) when something changes in a circuit (like disconnecting a load), which can produce similar spikes in current. Damn i'm technical. The idea is the circuits are somewhat protected from discharges.
Furthermore: plastic is an insulator. It shields from static. Sure, when charged enough it will become a hazard, but it's not that easy to do it accidentally. That's why you had to stand on plastic things in the experiment: to prevent the electricity going to the ground when you touched the magic (charged) ball
Even more: the mic is tucked inside. Static has a tendency to jump for the nearest conductive surface. The screen is somewhat conductive (remember that it works by changing resistance, so it can't be a perfect insulator), the discharge would kill it more easily.
Bottom line: it's not technically impossible to fry the transistor/amplifier (not the mic itself - those are sturdy), but it's more likely that evil gremlins dismantled your device mid-shipping and replaced the mic with alien eggs

Last edited by MrGrim; 2009-11-26 at 19:32.

The Following User Says Thank You to MrGrim For This Useful Post:
Posts: 32 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ South east, UK
nuknuk where did they say you had to send your phone to be repaired?

Banned | Posts: 537 | Thanked: 117 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ N900 LAND
Originally Posted by sk299 View Post
nuknuk where did they say you had to send your phone to be repaired?
I have not yet as yet still playing with it , i have to go on nokiaz web site and fill in return slip etc etc

Originally Posted by Venomrush View Post
I assume you're in EU?
I am in the US.

i feel u guys pain if my n900 had that problem i'll be pretty pissed off not becuz of the fix but becuz of the wait of getting it back. My 5800 had speaker problems and i had to send it back in the next day to get it fix now it's super loud and clear.

Posts: 569 | Thanked: 159 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ District of Columbia
Originally Posted by maemoexperts View Post
Guys,

Received my N900 this morning (finally) but the microphone is not working ie. The other person on the call can not hear me.

Anyone have a similar problem or heard of this problem before ?? searched, but nothing.

To resolve Ive tried the following without any luck:-

- Flashed standalone
- Flashed NSU
- Call recorder software does not pickup anything up
- Phone works with headphones
- Mute / unmute doesnt do anything

Annoyed or what. Any suggestions ? Thanks
Considering you're the second person replying to a post that is entitled 'N900 no mic audio' obviously their is another person who is having the same issue as yourself. Seriously dude, you might want to read the actual OP before asking 'does anyone else have this issue' when it is so blatantly obvious.

-Socrates 469 BC

Originally Posted by spinnukur View Post
Considering you're the second person replying to a post that is entitled 'N900 no mic audio' obviously their is another person who is having the same issue as yourself. Seriously dude, you might want to read the actual OP before asking 'does anyone else have this issue' when it is so blatantly obvious.
I think there was two threads that was merged and therefore two posts with simular content. What's the point of your post anyway?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jcnorway For This Useful Post:
Posts: 569 | Thanked: 159 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ District of Columbia
Originally Posted by jcnorway View Post
I think there was two threads that was merged and therefore two posts with simular content. What's the point of your post anyway?
Because he was asking if 'anyone else had the similar problem' when it was quite clear their was....

What's the point to your quote and reply anyway?

-Socrates 469 BC

Tags
audio, broken, dead, doa, fail, failure, lack of quality control, mic, microphone, n900, n900 recall, no audio