Posts: 562 | Thanked: 123 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Daly City
Originally Posted by bbns View Post
Just downloaded Angry Bird! Very addictive!
TRUE! i love playing it..

Posts: 33 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Connecticut
Originally Posted by reviver View Post
Alright, I came up with first improvement idea. The download system seriously needs a queue
I have your solution. Open many windows and get ready to press all the download buttons once each is done Doesn't work too bad for me in the mean time while they develop something

The Following User Says Thank You to syncdot For This Useful Post:
Posts: 739 | Thanked: 242 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Montreal
xploder doesn't seem to have sound and is a bit laggy, but looks like a fun concept with a need for a little tweak :-)

Posts: 270 | Thanked: 303 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Serbia, Belgrade
Not every 3rd party theme have a switch to unlock. Is it a bug?

Posts: 1,885 | Thanked: 2,008 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ OVI MAPS
the World City theme had yellow colour scheme when i installed it as in hilighted text, loading bars, fonts, lock screen etc. but just in front of my very eyes i watched it all change to blue by itself. is this a design or a bug?

Last edited by NvyUs; 2010-01-12 at 01:10.

I just opened Pendulum and banner and watched them both play out at the same time in task view...

I am so glad I got this phone.

Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
Originally Posted by nex View Post
Some nice little fun apps in there by offscr mostly. Couple of themes too (Harmony BlkWhite, Alpine).

I like the way you can browse the store on the web and have it send an sms to your phone with a direct link to an app you want. Then on the phone you can to click on it, login (leave a browser open so the cookie remains for the next one), then download, then wait for app manager to install it.

Frankly I realized this would take a while to check out all the 10+ apps I wanted to, so I ended up doing the following (in case anyone is interested)

1) using Modify Headers extension in Firefox on desktop changed my User-Agent to the N900 one (found easily on various sites)
2) Use that to make ovi store think my desktop is a N900, so it gave me the Download link
3) Downloaded all the .install files for all the apps still on the desktop, then opened them up in a text editor to get the package names
4) Finally pasted all of those in an root ssh session to the phone, in apt-get install <package1> <package2> <package3> etc
5) Took 2 minutes or so to download and install 10 apps including big themes.

I wonder if there's an easier way to select many apps for installation that I missed rather than go through all this.

Sidenote, rootfs is full again

You should be aware that apt-get stores the downloaded debs at (note, the application manager doesn't):
/var/cache/apt/archives/

It's safe to clean them after installation either by
rm /var/cache/apt/archives/*.deb
or (simply)
apt-get clean

This should free some space if you haven't done it already.

The Following User Says Thank You to Saturn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,255 | Thanked: 393 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ US
How do you access the store? I updated and have the new pretty store interface, but see none of the games or the snow ball

I tried going straight to the store via the web, but still says "coming soon".

Posts: 1,885 | Thanked: 2,008 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ OVI MAPS
just google ovi store on n900 browser and use link from there to access it or type out store.ovi.mobi
default bookmark and desktop icon dont work yet

Last edited by NvyUs; 2010-01-12 at 01:32.

Posts: 1,255 | Thanked: 393 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ US
Originally Posted by ed00 View Post
just type on ur browser http://store.ovi.com (its Ovi beta). Dont use link thats on ur mobile its still give u "coming soon". And when u click to download any application its automatically going to open ur App.Manager and will create link in ur Application catalogs folder to Ovi just like any other out there (nokia system, maemo, extra,..etc) and then proceed to download app.
Thanks! Worked!