Active Topics

Notices

sorted thanks
0067E4 01880800 [035] loadk 32 34 ; "Level38"
I've replace Level38.lua and now meteor shower is level 11 in pack 2 for me

My Blog

Originally Posted by Miika View Post
Yes in theory that would be possible. However, since we don't have a pre-existing store already it would be near impossible to come up with one from scratch in this kind of time frame. And some kind of an adhoc store like paypaling the money and sending the pkg back in email would just be a way too big of an hassle.
would it be wrong to mention that its possible to get the iphone version and extract the level files form the .ipa archive, and put them in the correct file structure on the N900? I did it, and it works perfectly... if one BUYS the iphone version, does the money still go where it needs to, or is this still considered "software piracy" ?

Im sure theres money to be made on this game if they would just get the ovi store working properly again.. not sure whats taking so long.

Nice job with the pack. For practice I went through 11-21 even though they're all the same. ;-)

Originally Posted by MERVERNATOR View Post
would it be wrong to mention that its possible to get the iphone version and extract the level files form the .ipa archive, and put them in the correct file structure on the N900? I did it, and it works perfectly...
So you download a cracked version of the game and used the files to get another paid version of the application to work for free, and you have to even think if it's piracy or not? Really?

The Following User Says Thank You to Miika For This Useful Post:
So you download a cracked version of the game and used the files to get another paid version of the application to work for free, and you have to even think if it's piracy or not? Really?
Piracy is taking a commercial ship hostage, killing the crew, and selling the merchandise...

He was talkin' 'bout somethin' else, man...

well, with the hacking of the levels that seemed to be encouraged here, I thought I should ask/mention since people were asking for a different way to legally buy it. it was a test to see if just the level files could be sold and transfered somehow. (which I only figured out the order of thanks to the person who posted to contents of that gameIogic file). in this specific case, I didnt know for sure being as you could pay apple the $1 for it and then move it to a different platform, given you have the resources. Im certainly not encouraging people to steal the thing. I dont know what OVI was going to charge for the game, but thought it would be about the same price. Ive been trying to buy it for a month now, and still intend to as soon as its available.

I dont have an iphone myself, but it certainly wasnt hard for my friend to extract the app from his jailbroken one. if that is considered cracking the game and not just the Phone/OS, then I certainly understand. I will delete the levels regardless, and I apologize. I had no idea the huge amount of pirated .ipa files floating around out there currently.

on another note, are there any plans to sell more levels for that N900 bounce game? from what Ive seen so far, Ill buy anything Rovio puts out for this thing. very impressive.

The Following User Says Thank You to MERVERNATOR For This Useful Post:
I dont have an iphone myself, but it certainly wasnt hard for my friend to extract the app from his jailbroken one. if that is considered cracking the game and not just the Phone/OS, then I certainly understand. I will delete the levels regardless, and I apologize. I had no idea the huge amount of pirated .ipa files floating around out there currently.
Yes, it seems that piracy on iPhone is very common because it is so easy. There are these "press-a-button-to-crack-a-game" GUI applications to automate the cracking process. In cases where developers have tracked illegal versions I've heard 80-95% piracy rates, which is quite sad for a game that costs just a buck to begin with.

on another note, are there any plans to sell more levels for that N900 bounce game? from what Ive seen so far, Ill buy anything Rovio puts out for this thing. very impressive.
I can't really comment on anything on this one, sorry.

The Following User Says Thank You to Miika For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by cgarvie View Post
2-3)When you get the proper pack2. You will have unlocked and set up high scored based on the pack i created.
How to get them back. i do have on my plan to look at , btu given im trying to also build a new mythtv box at home , im not sure of my time scales. So in summary. Wont stop you playing the pack 2 levels, They will just copy over our ones. but it will mean you might have 3* in some of them already

Why don't simply resetting your scores to 0? That will remove all the 3 stars. And you can even remove the "completed" tag from a level, and the game will start just from the finishing of the free pack.

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Miika & Rovio: The Angry Birds game is magnificent. Both I and my 4 year old daughter play it constantly. She's always bugging me, "Daddy, can I play piggies?" She has a real feel for ballistics already...

I want to register a vote for the suggestion made earlier in the thread: I also would really like a version of the game that has a "custom world" for user-created levels, so that I can keep the official levels and high scores pristine.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:
Just got a message on twitter from @RovioMobile:
@stobbsc The other levels should be available again soon on maemo. It's all ready on our side.
hold thumbs dudes ..

My Blog

Tags
angry birds, level editor