Active Topics

Posts: 992 | Thanked: 738 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Low Earth Orbit
Originally Posted by qole View Post
WhiteWolf, kureyon: See if version 0.10 helps you.
This updated version seems to have fixed it. Cheers

Posts: 992 | Thanked: 738 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Low Earth Orbit
Any progress on autostarting the hid watcher script? I tried using QBW to start it at startup, however that caused an endless reboot loop. Luckily I had Backupmenu installed and manage fix it without doing a reflash. I'm going to try and get QBW to start it whenever bluetooth is enabled.

Last edited by kureyon; 2010-10-04 at 17:19.

Posts: 85 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Near Paris, in the frog-eaters country
Hi qole.

First of all, a big thank for your effort, and your package is very usefull. I can get an Apple Magic Mouse working and having a cursor !
I also connected successfully an Apple Wireless Keyboard (aluminium body) in QWERTY. But now, I'm trying to get AZERTY layout, so I edited ~/.btkeyboard, and used the following :
KBDRULES=base
KBDMODEL=pc105
KBDLAYOUT=fr

When I run bt-kbd-remap, I lost numbers and special keys on the BT keyboard, and I get QWERTY layout on the N900 integrated keyboard.
Last issue, before running bt-kbd-remap, I can have "Caps lock" led lighting, but with no effect.
Thank for any help for any of those issues.

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Ok so it looks like I need to modify the internal keyboard remap to go to the language of your choice...

Posts: 85 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Near Paris, in the frog-eaters country
Tell me if I can contribute or help you in any way to do this.

Posts: 561 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Spain
Does the following keyboard has HID profile?
Universal Foldable Bluetooth Keyboard for Cellphone / PDA / PC (1 * AAA)
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.34724

Who is the manufacturer?

Do you support Spanish? Ñ or support "us" international

It does. I bought this keyboard for use with my N900 after reading this thread. Once it is configured properly it works great, all special characters, number keys, etc. seem to function just fine.

It is the smallest/lightest folding bluetooth keyboard I have seen that is actually touch-typable. It is noticeably smaller and lighter than the Stowaway iGo.

You will need to relearn some letter placements and how to touch-type efficiently on the small layout, but that is the case with the Stowaway as well.

I think it's pretty great for $50 or so. Doesn't quite have the build quality of the Stowaway, but it's fine for my purposes.

(FWIW)

Sam

Originally Posted by WhiteWolf View Post
Does the following keyboard has HID profile?
Universal Foldable Bluetooth Keyboard for Cellphone / PDA / PC (1 * AAA)
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.34724

Who is the manufacturer?

Do you support Spanish? Ñ or support "us" international

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to splandorf For This Useful Post:
so no one has made it work with mighty mouse?

because I make all the steps correctly, the bluetooth symbol turns blue, I power off my mighty mouse, then run the BT HID watcher, it opens a black screen, then shuts down, then I turn on my mighty mouse, my N900 detects it, but I can't see the cursor, neither the movement, and syslogs shows no errors or no mouse detected :S

please help!!

Posts: 323 | Thanked: 180 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Gent, Belgium
Originally Posted by splandorf View Post
It does. I bought this keyboard for use with my N900 after reading this thread. Once it is configured properly it works great, all special characters, number keys, etc. seem to function just fine.

It is the smallest/lightest folding bluetooth keyboard I have seen that is actually touch-typable. It is noticeably smaller and lighter than the Stowaway iGo.

You will need to relearn some letter placements and how to touch-type efficiently on the small layout, but that is the case with the Stowaway as well.

I think it's pretty great for $50 or so. Doesn't quite have the build quality of the Stowaway, but it's fine for my purposes.

(FWIW)

Sam
I have the same but I lost my driver/manual CD. I don't even know how to put it in pairing mode. Idiot me

And because there is no manufacturer anywhere on the thing, I have no clue where to start looking for a copy.

Care to share how you got them talking together and configured with the correct layout ?
Thanks !

Originally Posted by snakekontrol View Post
so no one has made it work with mighty mouse?

because I make all the steps correctly, the bluetooth symbol turns blue, I power off my mighty mouse, then run the BT HID watcher, it opens a black screen, then shuts down, then I turn on my mighty mouse, my N900 detects it, but I can't see the cursor, neither the movement, and syslogs shows no errors or no mouse detected :S

please help!!
You have to start "mouse cursor" in the applications menu.

Tags
bluetooth, keyboard, mouse, package