Posts: 191 | Thanked: 129 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bloomington, IL
No. Even entering 2+2 does not work, when I hold the shift key and press enter it just drops down to a new line instead of evaluating what I have written.

Also how would I go about putting a ^ sign into an input?

~Jeff

Posts: 579 | Thanked: 471 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Austria
Originally Posted by Jef91 View Post
I have wxMaxima installed and I have the application launcher created, however I cannot get shift+enter to evaluate the cell like it should (I've tried running debbie xbindkeys and the fix lxde keyboard from my menu - neither work)
Perhaps you have an older version of /home/user/.xbindkeysrc installed. It needs to have an entry
Code:
"xvkbd -xsendevent -text '\r'"
   Shift + KP_Enter
If it doesn't, you'll have to add that.

For getting extra characters, one possibility is to modify the rx51 file, see posts further up this thread for links and this wiki page.

Last edited by rebhana; 2010-09-22 at 19:14.

Posts: 191 | Thanked: 129 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bloomington, IL
Originally Posted by rebhana View Post
Perhaps you have an older version of /home/user/.xbindkeysrc installed. It needs to have an entry
Code:
"xvkbd -xsendevent -text '\r'"
   Shift + KP_Enter
That entry was already in my ~/.xbindkeysrc... Any other suggestions?

~Jeff

Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
No. Even entering 2+2 does not work, when I hold the shift key and press enter it just drops down to a new line instead of evaluating what I have written.

Also how would I go about putting a ^ sign into an input?

~Jeff
To get the extra characters it is probably best to reset key mapping.
Check posts 1748 and 1751 for useful links.

That entry was already in my ~/.xbindkeysrc... Any other suggestions?

~Jeff
Have you followed the part in my instructions advising to select the option "Enter evaluates cells" in the configure menu of wxmaxima? It's perhaps surprising that you need that, but Enter (as opposed to KP_Enter) is produced only when you do Shift+Return through xbindkeys. If you don't manage to have that option displayed in the debbie version, you can do that under LXDE!

Last edited by rebhana; 2010-09-22 at 19:45.

I have a question:

installing easy debian made me lose about 1 GB of the memory device, because the installation was taking to much time, so I rebooted the phone, and after that it lost the memory what it had created the image (more than 1 GB), I have to free up more space to install easy debian again, which process worked fine, but the gig of memory never recovered.

I checked the hidden files in memory, but i found nothing related, and memory in N900 looking in desktop says it has occupied 26.7 GB, but if I select all the files this properties shows 25.6 GB occupied.

What I can do to get this back???

Originally Posted by kishan View Post
I have a question:

installing easy debian made me lose about 1 GB of the memory device, because the installation was taking to much time, so I rebooted the phone, and after that it lost the memory what it had created the image (more than 1 GB), I have to free up more space to install easy debian again, which process worked fine, but the gig of memory never recovered.

I checked the hidden files in memory, but i found nothing related, and memory in N900 looking in desktop says it has occupied 26.7 GB, but if I select all the files this properties shows 25.6 GB occupied.

What I can do to get this back???
You probably need to do a file system check:
Code:
sudo fsck -fy /dev/mmcblk0p1

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rebhana For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by rebhana View Post
You probably need to do a file system check:
Code:
sudo fsck -fy /dev/mmcblk0p1
Thank you very much, that generates a file named "FSCK0000.REC" with a little more than 1gb, thank you again

Can anyone help with fixing the audio in E.Debian.
Even after endless power searching i still can't figure it out and make it work.

I reinstalled E.Debian again to make sure it was latest version but no luck.

I want to try and run LMMS but get no sound.
In fact there is no sound from any application and when i try to play an Mp3 in the audio player it won't work either.

Any ideas?
Does Alsa mixer have to be working?
When i open the Alsa mixer i get the following error (couldn't find the directory mentioned and after creating it, it made no difference):

"An error occurred while loading or saving configuration for GNOME ALSA mixer. Some of your configuration settings may not work properly."

Details:
Bad key or directory name: "apps/gnome-alsamixer/display_mixers/." Key/ directory may not end with a /

Bad key or directory name: "apps/gnome-alsamixer/display_names/." Key/ directory may not end with a /

Originally Posted by Freekick View Post
Can anyone help with fixing the audio in E.Debian.
Even after endless power searching i still can't figure it out and make it work.
You should be able to find something by searching this thread. A brief summary of how to fix sound is given in http://wiki.maemo.org/User_talk:Rebhana#fixing_sound

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rebhana For This Useful Post:

Tags
beta, debian, easy debian, extras-devel, fremantle, i <3 qole, squeeze