Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
Originally Posted by shmerl View Post
For intelligent discussions, please open a thread here: http://opentablets.org/forum/43-jolla/
Hopefully trolling will be prevented in it.
Custom Jolla's Sailfish OS Event Date Confirmed 21-22 November 2012
Started by shmerl, 04 Oct 2012 0 replies 137 Views

...it doesn't take off, does it? TMO's still a much warmer place, probably because Lubetroll & Davetroll Bros. are quite frequently taking their piss in our pool.

Last edited by don_falcone; 2012-10-18 at 10:37.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by don_falcone View Post
Custom Jolla's Sailfish OS Event Date Confirmed 21-22 November 2012
Started by shmerl, 04 Oct 2012 0 replies 137 Views

...it doesn't take off, does it? TMO's still a much warmer place, probably because Lubetroll & Davetroll Bros. are quite frequently taking their piss in our pool.
The pool is mine too. You can't, don't should talk for the community. If you are up for it. Please ran for council.

Please provide some Input or intelligent post to move the thread in the direction you want. I'm always open for new views, but only complaining is not healthy. I fail to see any progress from your side, constantly complaining in all posts. Are you even interested in Jolla? If you want a intressting discussion about jolla according to you. Please lead the way...

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2012-10-18 at 11:03.

Posts: 197 | Thanked: 198 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Helsinki, Finland
After some googling I found out some new (atleast for me) interesting stuff.

- Sailfish will be nothing like N9 was, there is for example totally new way of sending sms and show the calendar

- maybe 2 different phones, at least developer mode.

- sailfish will be developed fully in Hong Kong

- the price is estimated 600-900 euros.

Posts: 738 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by late88 View Post
- the price is estimated 600-900 euros.
I hope the phone is not too good then, because if it is my girlfriend will complain again on my spendings ..

Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
It all depends on the WAF (Woman Acceptance Factor). In opposition, maybe you also have something to complain about her

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by don_falcone View Post
It all depends on the WAF (Woman Acceptance Factor). In opposition, maybe you also have something to complain about her
Ok, so it's that kind of post you think is intelligent and related to jolla. Troll_falcone

900 Euro can't be accurate. IPhone and galaxy is around 600-700 Euros at release. Jolla can't go over that. That would be insane.

Posts: 594 | Thanked: 1,094 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Rhine
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
900 Euro can't be accurate. IPhone and galaxy is around 600-700 Euros at release. Jolla can't go over that. That would be insane.
If it's REALLY good, why not?

I like the idea of a poser coming to me like: "oh, you got no iPhone (yet)?look what i got: iPhone 5!" and i can respond like "oh, i'm so sorry for you.. not enough money for a good phone?"

Last edited by Leinad; 2012-10-18 at 15:58.

Originally Posted by Leinad View Post
If it's REALLY good, why not?

I like the idea of a poser coming to me like: "look what i got: iPhone 5!" and i can respond like "oh, i'm so sorry for you.. not enough money for a good phone?"
...except than that'd be me with an n900 and tears in my eyes.

Posts: 963 | Thanked: 626 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Connecticut, USA
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Ok, so it's that kind of post you think is intelligent and related to jolla. Troll_falcone

Actually, Don_Falcone's comment is a positive contribution to this thread and to this site. It was meant to be humorous and lighthearted, and it was. Occasional posts of that kind are useful for making the TMO atmosphere pleasant.

On the other hand, Dave, a very large proportion of your posts are not positive, even when you seem to think that they are. They are not positive because they do not contribute anything useful. Just hearing you vent, criticize, and complain is not pleasant or constructive. Frankly, having to deal with an constant barrage of such like comments from you can become quite annoying and drives people away from this site. Makes some people wonder if that is your end objective. And that is why some people label your pattern of posting as trolling.

http://temporaryland.wordpress.com/

Last edited by rm42; 2012-10-18 at 15:38.

Originally Posted by rm42 View Post
Actually, Don_Falcone's comment is a positive contribution to this thread and to this site. It was meant to be humorous and lighthearted, and it was. Occasional posts of that king are useful for making the TMO atmosphere pleasant.

On the other hand, Dave, a very large proportion of your posts are not positive, even when you seem to think that they are. They are not positive because they do not contribute anything useful. Just hearing you vent, criticize, and complain is not pleasant or constructive. Frankly, having to deal with an constant barrage of such like comments from you can become quite annoying and drives people away from this site. Makes some people wonder if that is your end objective. And that is why some people label your pattern of posting as trolling.
His joke was very funny.--- Are you serious? I think it was boooring. But I dont care, all post contribute in there own way. but you should not compain of others when you post usless off topic posts like that.

You guys really want to continue this troll discussion? mybee we should create a thread where we can discussing who is a troll, what post is a troll post or/and who think what of what user or post?
Sure, some users can be annoying, and I have no illusions that there are users that think i'm annoying from time to time. Like in the rest of the world. You cant be liked by everyone. Neither do I think all my posts are positive. So some poeple can make jokes and other cant?

like don_falcone calling other users names and stuff? I have no problems with that since I simply ignores it. But if we should be fair. Is that positive for this community and not == community rules?

Create a thread and I'm happy to discuss this issue with you so we could leave this thread for jolla only.

you know I just joked with my post to don, right? He's so uptight. I just want to put a fart balloon when he sits down. Too bad he is out of reach for me.

Last edited by Dave999; 2012-10-18 at 16:22.

Tags
jolla, jolla on topic, jollamobile, meego, merproject, nokia, nokian9, professionals, speculations, tizenjolla