Poll: How much would you be willing to pay for a Neo900 (complete device) with TI DM3730 1GHz/512M-RAM/1GB
Poll Options
How much would you be willing to pay for a Neo900 (complete device) with TI DM3730 1GHz/512M-RAM/1GB

Posts: 2,222 | Thanked: 12,651 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ SOL 3
Originally Posted by blood_falcon View Post
no updates for neo900 progress, bro gta04 and bro joerg?
please see #1841
Project is fine and almost on schedule, Nikolaus is about to develop protoboard rev2 as planned and announced
cheers
jOERG

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joerg_rw For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
By the way, after the eventual success with the connectors, have you managed to source acceptable quality housing for the complete devices? This question has been bugging me ever since my own experience with an after-market replacement housing that came with a lot of issues, some of which I could only remedy by reusing the original parts. (Sorry if it's been answered already.)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
By the way, after the eventual success with the connectors, have you managed to source acceptable quality housing for the complete devices? This question has been bugging me ever since my own experience with an after-market replacement housing that came with a lot of issues, some of which I could only remedy by reusing the original parts. (Sorry if it's been answered already.)
Well, as mentioned before (iirc) sourcing of all mech parts is the most demaning / critical part ahead of us, and any help from community appreciated. It's not only about the obvious plastic housing, but also about display (incl digitizer aka touch panel), slider mech, antennae, even camera modules (main aka rear cam). We have sources for all those parts, or even for complete N900 to reuse. The questions with all of them are: quality, price, amount available. And we don't know yet how many we will need, so...

/j

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to joerg_rw For This Useful Post:
Posts: 66 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Apr 2014 @ Penang, Malaysia
i mean, bro joerg. no updates on neo900.org site?

Posts: 257 | Thanked: 2,053 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Warsaw, Poland
Originally Posted by blood_falcon View Post
i mean, bro joerg. no updates on neo900.org site?
Don't worry, as soon as we get our hands on that protoboard, new and juicy progress update will be published there

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to dos1 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,187 | Thanked: 816 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Australia
Ok... Question about purchasing:
Who gets their unit when?
Does it go in order of who put in their "Donation" first?
Nothing petty, just wanting to know how this would work.

Also I'm just impatiently waiting for this (and Pyra)...

Originally Posted by kingoddball View Post
Ok... Question about purchasing:
Who gets their unit when?
Does it go in order of who put in their "Donation" first?
Nothing petty, just wanting to know how this would work.

Also I'm just impatiently waiting for this (and Pyra)...
We hope to produce and ship all devices in a batch, so we don't have to worry much for any order of processing the shipment (though it will nevertheless probably be 'FIFO'). If we are short on anything, e.g. for the (now) 9 protos we'll send out to the customers who "ordered" them, or short on mech parts, or when it takes more than some 2..3 days to ship all those many many devices then of course also a First In First Out applies.
Generally for shipping we're still hoping for Q3 - of this year even. Please don't quote us on it though, might be Q4 or even later when really unforeseen problems arise.

/j

Last edited by joerg_rw; 2014-04-27 at 22:58.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to joerg_rw For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,187 | Thanked: 816 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Australia
9 proto's you say...

When you say ordered first - Is this paid the 'full' amount in donations or just ordered??

I'd be VERY close to that first nine... Maybe just out!!

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Last edited by kingoddball; 2014-04-27 at 23:01.

When you say ordered first - Is this paid the 'full' amount in donations or just ordered??
(
First money arriving counts more than last money arriving. For us it's relevant to know the number of devices to build, so we go for the date we first seen your activity to make sure you get a device. We however won't ship your device before the last part of your payment arrived at us.

Posts: 257 | Thanked: 2,053 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Warsaw, Poland
9 proto's you say...
9 protos, because there are 9 donations with >= 1500 EUR right now. This number might change if more donations like that arrive :P

Donations of 1500 EUR or more entitle you to get one of the prototypes (in addition to one rebated device from final series production).

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to dos1 For This Useful Post:

Tags
neo900, thank you!