Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
You won't get anything outside the EU + maybe China region*, but, so long as they're specific about some countries in that space, it'll be an okay start.
If we haven't had more specifics for many countries outside that space by the end of Q1, then my patience will start to wane quickly...

*def. when it comes to a local supply/support chain

Last edited by jalyst; 2013-11-14 at 08:03.

Originally Posted by att View Post
If somebody wants to watch it: http://areena.yle.fi/tv/2054017 (in Finnish)

Just realized: there´s a small clip of Pienimäki playing Angry Birds on his Jolla = an Android app being used at around 12:20 of the video. You can also see the game freezed in multitasking view a bit later, as well as the digital Android buttons inside the app.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Tujutzki For This Useful Post:
so once again, i face waiting in new york for Important News From Finland.
of course, 5:20am is smack in the middle of my sleep cycle, 3am-9am.

if i dont go to sleep, im just adding hours of conscious unknowing. seems the best thing is to have as few conscious thoughts as possible.

so should i sleep and set an alarm? does that even make sense? is there any difference knowing 4 hours earlier, if those 4 hours would be spent in a non-conscious state? plus, would post-announcement sleep even be possible?

how about just sleeping through it? then i wake up, and read everyone saying 'YAAAAY' or 'FUUUUUU', hours behind.

next time, i buy a plane ticket.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wolke For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by wolke View Post
so once again, i face waiting in new york for Important News From Finland.
of course, 5:20am is smack in the middle of my sleep cycle, 3am-9am.
I vote for sleep. I don't think we will be seeing anything totally new or amazing today. Release date for Jolla phone early next month in Finland via DNA and couple of other EU countries.

If the event happens to be amazing, you can always watch it later from Slush site.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tissot For This Useful Post:
oh, release dates outside of finland are of course what i want to know; do we know that we arent getting those?

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by Tujutzki View Post
Just realized: there´s a small clip of Pienimäki playing Angry Birds on his Jolla = an Android app being used at around 12:20 of the video. You can also see the game freezed in multitasking view a bit later, as well as the digital Android buttons inside the app.
Yeah saw that, didn't notice the fact that it froze though, nice spot...

Originally Posted by wolke View Post
next time, i buy a plane ticket.
I feel your dilemma completely, & sympathise... #1st_world_problems
But it's only an hr away now, so you may as well stay up (I won't be here till after it starts, unexpected guests)

Originally Posted by tissot View Post
I vote for sleep. I don't think we will be seeing anything totally new or amazing today.
Release date for Jolla phone early next month in Finland via DNA and couple of other EU countries.
Agreed, fully expecting to be (mostly) disappointed, but there's always hope...

Last edited by jalyst; 2013-11-14 at 09:16.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Would be cool if they have shop ready at the Centre of Helsinki right after presentation. That would amaze me other than that I'm ready to not be surprised.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2013-11-14 at 09:24.

i lost hope for jolla...again i asked to give some approx launch date for other countries.....but they replied they currently don't have that info.
how long we will wait..indefinitely...

Nokia 3310 -> Nokia 6030 -> Nokia N95 -> Nokia X6 -> Nokia N900 -> Nokia N9 -> Nokia Lumia 1520

Posts: 951 | Thanked: 2,344 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by praveenchand View Post
i lost hope for jolla...again i asked to give some approx launch date for other countries.....but they replied they currently don't have that info.
how long we will wait..indefinitely...
I think they don't want to promise anything they can't keep.
I would find it far worse if they gave a date and did not live up to it than give the release date much later but actually meet it.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mariusmssj For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by mariusmssj View Post
I think they don't want to promise anything they can't keep.
I would find it far worse if they gave a date and did not live up to it than give the release date much later but actually meet it.
Yes, they have already done it once and I wasn't pretty. But now you are only hours away from get some of your questions answered.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Tags
"pretty soon", funniest line, jolla, pipo party, sailfish, tmo red