Teemu R, I'm with you on this one. I bought my N9 from Gigantti, which had the same reaction on my N9. Mine is still at repairs, but when I asked the salesman at store what should we do if the lines are beyond repairs, he simply answered "well then you propably make an official complaint about this".

Never buying anything from that store and from Nokia, if this is the only option...

Originally Posted by montamer View Post
Looks like droid razr has the same issue, There is whole thread at motorolla forum discussing this issue. If you go to page 3 you will see that some display's has few of these black spots where as on others it is quite noticeable.
https://supportforums.motorola.com/t...art=0&tstart=0
I got my N9 about last week, and yesterday I notice these marks in the dark. I panicked thinking I scratched it, lol, but happy to know i'm not the only one. On that website page 3, the very last picture on the bottom, that's exactly what is shown on my screen. Again, I never noticed it in daily use, only once i was in completely darkness and my screen was darken... So far I doesn't bother my day-to-day use at all, but I just hope it won't get worse...

The links are posted in the motorola forum.

Read this:
http://androidforums.com/3542874-post8.html

S2 also has it???
http://androidforums.com/samsung-gal...-blotches.html

I haven't got my N9 yet. Waiting to see if this issue will be resolved with new batches of the phone. . Any suggestions?

As my previous post states, it's not a 'fault' with the phones, it's the limitations being used in the current technology

There is technology available that makes sure these lines/blotches don't appear, however it would be very unlikely for the manufacturer of the screens (samsung) to start using this new tech on the current screens

Posts: 40 | Thanked: 57 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ The Netherlands
Do you guys also notice a long afterimage / ghosting on your screens?

I have a pretty light wallpaper set on my status screen, and when i unlock my phone from the lockscreen the time afterglows visibly on the wallpaper for a number of seconds. I estimate it takes about 10 seconds to completely disappear...

Is this also a side effect of the used screen type?

I currently own 2 N9 handsets (Black 16GB / Cyan 16GB) there are clear difference in colour rendering between both handsets with the Cyan showing more natural colour. (white is white) while the Black gives a green tint to the white. In the beginning i had the screen changed for the Black one as it had a lot of the 'dark' spots now lesser and not 'killing' me.

But i realised the green tint still persist with the new screen, making me wonder if the driver in it that is causing the tint as the Cyan handset produced natural colours. Now I'm contemplating if there is any chance for Nokia Care Centre to change it or it is something i have to dreadfully live with.

Is there an official statement regarding this display issue? (significantly different tints) It is quite bothering.

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Still haven't had a response from konttori about all the issues.
He was going to get back to us....
Might need to try something else other than PM'ing him.
Been meaning to summarize them all. Will do soon hopefully.
Most seem to be put down to one thing or another.
But there's still at least one issue that's unexplained IIRC.
And one or more of them should be fixable via software.

The Following User Says Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Hey guys. OP here. I am a bit of a lazy scumbag so I want to say sorry for not updating this thread

Anyway I got some interesting news for you guys. Here goes my story. As I stated in the original post I had a 64 gb Nokia N9 from Three DK, but ended up getting a full refund because in the end the screen was unbearable. I still stuck to these forums, reading this thread once in a while to see how things went with the screen and researching on the N9.

So today I bought a N9 again, this time the 16 gb model from a danish retailer unlocked without contract.

Whats interesting is that my new N9 doesn't have the black spots. I was quite stunned because after following this thread for 2 months I came to the conclusion that we had to live with the black spots, but man were I happy to see that my new phone got nada black spots.

I think that Nokia has slightly updated the N9 and this belief can be supported with the fact that the headphones which came with my new N9 is not the same as the one that came with my 64 gb I returned 2 months ago.

I still got the old headphones lying around (teehee I kept them when I returned the phone), so if its noteworthy I can try to take a photo of the old and new headphones.

I still haven't checked my new phones for the red lines in the browser. Going to sleep now :/ Will do a follow up later.

Last edited by weird0; 2011-12-08 at 20:50.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to weird0 For This Useful Post:
@weird0

can you post a pic of the two headphones? I'm curious as to the differences....

When I initially posted here. My first purchase had black spots as well. I returned it, had a refund and bought from a different store - the N9 is officially available in my country and both stores I got it from are official Nokia retailers.

Anyway, the second one doesn't have the black spots and I'm happy. A few days after my purchase, I got another N9 and the second one doesn't have the black/dark spots as well.

The headphones that came with the two 'unaffected' units came with the same headphones as the one that I originally got....