Active Topics

Posts: 251 | Thanked: 90 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Earth, Milky-way Galaxy
Originally Posted by rlinfati View Post
$ md5sum RX-51_2009SE_21.2011.38-1_PR_COMBINED_MR0_ARM.bin
095259c2380e894dc1d6a2999526ec9f RX-51_2009SE_21.2011.38-1_PR_COMBINED_MR0_ARM.bin

someone can confirm the md5 is correct ?
Where did you find this PR 1.3.1 image? and where can i find PR 1.3.1 image?

Nokia N900 (48GB): Maemo 5 PR 1.3 CSSU Smeamo6

Posts: 155 | Thanked: 166 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Dublin
After installing the update over the air, i noticed a few improvements, slightly less lag.. improved audio.

I then tried the CSSU for a few days, although portrait mode is great, i'm so used to using the N900 as it is that i couldn't get used to it, so i did a backup on Ovi suite and then reflashed my phone to PR 1.2 using Maemo flasher.

After this before i restored anything, i updated the firmware to PR 1.3.1 using Ovi suite.

Even after re-installing all my applications, photos, music, videos etc, the performance from the phone has been fantastic. I now get over a day from the battery which has never happened before and there's no lag at all when switching between desktops or menu's

I have downloaded PR 1.3.1 Image from Navifirm is this Image genuine? Is it safe to flash with this Image? because in http://tablets-dev.nokia.com/nokia_N900.php PR 1.3.1 Image is not available so far.

I'll be flashing my N900 with this PR 1.3.1 Image from Navifirm, Shall i do so?

Regards,

Originally Posted by pious_momin View Post
I have downloaded PR 1.3.1 Image from Navifirm is this Image genuine? Is it safe to flash with this Image? because in http://tablets-dev.nokia.com/nokia_N900.php PR 1.3.1 Image is not available so far.

I'll be flashing my N900 with this PR 1.3.1 Image from Navifirm, Shall i do so?

Regards,
Your signature says you have installed CSSU. If so, don't flash with this image, an update from CSSU team is on the way.

The Following User Says Thank You to praveenchand For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by praveenchand View Post
Your signature says you have installed CSSU. If so, don't flash with this image, an update from CSSU team is on the way.
Thank you very much praveenchand, but I have not Installes CSSU so can i flash it from navifirm image? is it genuine image?

Posts: 177 | Thanked: 199 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Concepcion, Chile
Originally Posted by pious_momin View Post
Thank you very much praveenchand, but I have not Installes CSSU so can i flash it from navifirm image? is it genuine image?
wait for the official image... is only a revoke of ONE certificate, no others fix are included.

Posts: 16 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Blagoevgrad, Bulgaria
I wonder...when we're going to get out GPS fixed?? I'm sick and tired of other nokia phones which have perfect GPS without using internet...for example N8 or N97...when we will get this??

Posts: 1,808 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Germany
@mr.Rizov,

Have you tried changing the location server to supl.google.com?

It may be that the A-GPS problem is unrelated to the firmware update.. apparently for some people supl.nokia.com has stopped working, but it's not clear if this is related to the updated.

The Following User Says Thank You to reinob For This Useful Post:
Posts: 16 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Blagoevgrad, Bulgaria
Originally Posted by reinob View Post
@mr.Rizov,

Have you tried changing the location server to supl.google.com?

It may be that the A-GPS problem is unrelated to the firmware update.. apparently for some people supl.nokia.com has stopped working, but it's not clear if this is related to the updated.
My firmware version is PR 1.3 and I dont want Network Positioning, I want to use my GPS without network man Can you help me please?

Posts: 738 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by mr.Rizov View Post
My firmware version is PR 1.3 and I dont want Network Positioning, I want to use my GPS without network man Can you help me please?
Are you sure it doesn't work? have you tried to get a lock in the open (waiting at least 5 minutes, without trees or buildings around)?
Most GPS device take a one half to two minutes to get a fix in good conditions when not using assisted fix or ephemerides (which are network provided).

Tags
security