Active Topics

Poll: What is your OS configuration?
Poll Options
What is your OS configuration?

Posts: 250 | Thanked: 122 times | Joined on May 2009 @ Colorado
Laptop is running Ubuntu Lucid Lynx 10.04 exclusively. My desktop PC is "out of commission" until I buy a new one and build it from scratch.* PC was running Windows 7 Ultimate with Lucid via Wubi. Was planning to transfer the filesystem and replace the Windows partition with it, but that's another reason I had to decommission it.

So yeah, Linux exclusively on laptop with WinXP via VirtualBox for my work at the Salvation Army. People are using Win7 there and were testing out alternate server methods using a combination of Ubuntu Server with TurnKey Linux Domain Controller and WinXP Home running on the server using headless VBox so it can handle being an image scanner server...don't ask...

* - Motherboard is causing major crashes and stalls in both Windows and Linux, so I knew it was a hardware issue and all individual parts were tested. Motherboard has run its course.

Jesse~

If there are so many Linux users, why is there no syncing of calendars between the N900 and Linux?

Originally Posted by paai View Post
If there are so many Linux users, why is there no syncing of calendars between the N900 and Linux?
<and in walks the pink elephant>

great question, I've been so curious about what this "PC Suite" thing is, I've almost fired up my windows partition just to see.

I guess nokia figured most people use windows so they cater to that crowd, something linux folks are used to.

Let's see...

Ubuntu, Fedora, Gentoo.
Ubuntu, XP.
Embedded linux (NAS).

That's at the moment - was running openSUSE, Sabayon, Puppy and jokingly Mer previously.

--------------
@paai
As far as calendars, have you considered just using Google Calendar? Alternatively, Thunderbird+Lightning (or digging up Sunbird) should work in EasyDebian chroot.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by zoner View Post
I guess nokia figured most people use windows so they cater to that crowd ...
Might be more a point of commercial thinking: since most computers are sold with Windows, the big companies write their software first for Windows.

Just running Win7 on the desktop and laptop, the diy server I knocked up is running a rather unreliable Windows Home Server setup.

Posts: 34 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Cracow, Poland
1. Ubuntu 10.04.1 x86 on the laptop, but I'm going to switch to Fedora 13 x86 today
2. Debian 5.0.6 x86 on my old desktop
3. Arch Linux x64 on my current desktop
4. FreeBSD 8.1 x64 on my current desktop
5. Windows XP SP3 on my current desktop
6. Windows 7 x64 on my current desktop
And so I run quadruple boot on my desktop :P

Posts: 1,048 | Thanked: 1,127 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Amsterdam
Gentoo (love the fact there's no need for version numbering a.k.a. hail emerge)
Ubuntu 10.4
WindowsXP
OSx

And I really should add Maemo to that list as my n900 is more and more used as something very close to a desktop computer

Posts: 209 | Thanked: 203 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Portugal
on my desktop i use Windows 7 x64only (because it's a gaming rig)

On my laptop i use Ubuntu 10.04 and Windows 7 (both x86, mostly i am on Ubuntu)

And Maemo5 on my 'Mobile Desktop', Nokia N900

Windows 7 right now Forced to use it. But also have ubuntu 10.04 x64 on 2nd and 3nd partitions.