Active Topics

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by RichardN900 View Post
Soooo... as in your limited reachable universe there is no proof that anyone uses the phone, you have to 100% cientifically come to the conclusion that there is noone else using it on any of the other unreachable uncountable universes.

I bet you work in politics...

Well, i use it and on my country that has 3.5 million people (country) there is a bunch of people who use it, and i have to say that i have seen personally and on the streen more N9 than N900.
No politics. Working in the shadows...It's great to hear that you have n900's roaming the streets. I would love to see one in the wild!

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
This is my the only one smartphone I won't switch unless it's completely broke (i mean physically )

The Following User Says Thank You to batarawatson For This Useful Post:
Posts: 34 | Thanked: 65 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamburg, Germany
just managed to buy a brand new n900 at price guard here in germany as a spare device! yeah!

I was sold a Samsung Galaxy Note 1 in late July, 2012 when I thought I needed to replace my N900. I asked for a device which could multitask as well as the N900, had an FM radio and transmitter like the N900 and an IR blaster like the N900. They recommended the Note. It doesn't do or have any of those things which AT&T promised it would. I don't remember ever having been so disapointed in a device as I have been with the Galaxy Note. After 6 months of trying to make the Note work I've given up on it and I'm back to my N900. The only downside is having to use the AT&T edge data speeds rather than the 4G LTE speeds the Note provided (when I wasn't waiting for the screen to refresh...). I also bought an N9 but can't decide if I should pay for the smaller SIM card (eliminating the N900 from use) or stick with the N900 and deal with the slower data speeds.

Originally Posted by Wikiwide View Post
Quick reply...
You don't have to use NitDroid to run Android-apps on Nokia N900. You can do it right in Fremantle. Try Apkenv and report the problems, if any are encountered.
Congratulations on getting an electric car.
Best wishes. Just trying to help...

Appreciate the info, might try this if I find the time. I guess I'm just getting old, but the idea that you can simply download an app and there is a good chance it will work without spending hours tinkering with the device does look more appealing to me now than several years back

Originally Posted by monkeyman View Post
... I also bought an N9 but can't decide if I should pay for the smaller SIM card (eliminating the N900 from use) or stick with the N900 and deal with the slower data speeds.
Can't you use one of those micro to standard SIM adapters? You can cut your old sim too instead of buying a new micro one.

Still using my trusty old N900. Totally put off the Samsungs by their sheer size, flimsyness and lack of hardware features. Sorry but a dual or quad core CPU doesn't qualify as an upgrade for me when you stand to lose so many other features and possibilities.

I did have a go of the new BB Z10 on day of launch, but I still wasn't tempted.
And just for the record, monkeyman, Android doesn't multitask. IMO there's a set of rules that must be adhered to before yo can claim the multitasking crown. One of which is the CPU, which has to be single core.

Multitasking. So much said about it. Can anyone tell me how they benefit from it on their phone? I really want to know. After all it looks like I will be replacing my N900 with Android (it will be a sad day when it happens btw) and worried I'll be missing this. After almost 3 years with the N900 I don't see a compelling use case to must have true multitasking on my phone. Yes it is cool, powerful, and occasionally convenient, but I can definitely live without it.

Posts: 528 | Thanked: 345 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ MLB.AU
@Val
it's not a smart phone without true multitasking...

Hold out for another linux phone, I'm sure there's some coming this year!

The Following User Says Thank You to bingomion For This Useful Post:
Posts: 329 | Thanked: 422 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ derpton
Originally Posted by stickymick View Post
IMO there's a set of rules that must be adhered to before yo can claim the multitasking crown. One of which is the CPU, which has to be single core.
What? Care to explain?

The Following User Says Thank You to herpderp For This Useful Post:

Tags
n900 ftw, pfeifen_im_wald, possibilities, rock on n900