Active Topics

Notices

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Loving this kind of apps, thnx again for all ur hard work u put into it, greetz from holland, Joel

Posts: 116 | Thanked: 445 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Oulu, Finland
All the app developers have been contacted by Dropbox and requested (optional of course) to fill in some details about their app. I have created my app to the website now, if someone feels up to it maybe go and add a review of my app You can login with your dropbox credentials as usual and drop the app a line or two and give it a few stars maybe.

https://www.dropbox.com/apps/850/dropn900

Last edited by jonnenau; 2010-09-21 at 07:28.

Thanks guys for the positive feedback to the Dropbox app page! Also thanks Thomas W. for the donation, appreciate it! Did you have any requests to go along with that donation what I can take into consideration?

Will get back to work on this app after I get back to Finland from Macedonia. I will address the sync upload/delete dilemma and simplify the file transfer widget so it wont be a performance issue. I could try now that the "big" stuff is done to do more smaller incremental fixes. Making release takes about 15 minutes in total when the source is done.

I could also code here at the hotel when I have nothing to do but then I'd need to test my code on the device so its a lot slower than developing with the scratchbox/emulator.

The Following User Says Thank You to jonnenau For This Useful Post:
Thx again for all your work jonnenau!

any idea on when the "big just press me to start syncing" widget/buttom would be ready?

thx

Zeltak

When I get back to working with dropn900 code Still another week abroad at least...

Posts: 28 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Merseyside
I just can't get this to work at all. I wonder if anyone could give me a hand?

When I click the dropbox icon my n900 hangs for a minute then goes back to the homescreen.

I have entered this code in xterm.

sudo gainroot
python2.5-qt4-network
python2.5-qt4-webkit

And it says its not found.

I have had a quick look through the thread but nothing has jumped out on me that I can try, although there are a lot of pages and I may have missed something.

I'd be really grateful for any help, thanks.

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by misty View Post
I just can't get this to work at all. I wonder if anyone could give me a hand?

When I click the dropbox icon my n900 hangs for a minute then goes back to the homescreen.

I have entered this code in xterm.

sudo gainroot
python2.5-qt4-network
python2.5-qt4-webkit

And it says its not found.

I have had a quick look through the thread but nothing has jumped out on me that I can try, although there are a lot of pages and I may have missed something.

I'd be really grateful for any help, thanks.
Not sure where you got that code from, as that'll never work to do anything. Try running dropbox from xterm and see what errors you get:
Code:
/opt/dropn900/dropn900.py

Originally Posted by Rob1n View Post
Not sure where you got that code from, as that'll never work to do anything. Try running dropbox from xterm and see what errors you get:
Code:
/opt/dropn900/dropn900.py
If that doesnt give you a trace, open dropn900.py and change the qapp subclass inparam debug = True, youll get more prints from the app. I have removed the need fro pyqt webkit and network so you dont need those to run it, so the problem should be somewhere else.

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Hmmm. Maybe bit better suspend management or this might be just my mistake.

I was connected to Wlan and DropN900 was connected and did synchronization. I keylocked N900 and put it in my pocket. Checked that sync was over before left wifi connection area. Keylocked again and went shopping etc. 4 hours later I opened N900 and switched DropN900 which had been open all the time (I do not always close apps as I try to learn multitask with n900 ) and looked that it just keep on trying to connect, but of course could not because I use only wlan connection and no 3g. Looked batterygraph and it showed that Cpu had been 50% of whole "suspend" time. So basically dropN900 tried to connect constantly even thought there was of course no connection.

Donīt know what is the appropriate fix/workaround for this.

.edit
One additional thing. It looked like when I did sync to my photo dir the main view of DropN900 kept also updating it constantly.Iīm not sure that if itīs wise to run both "sync" at same time automatically thought. It probably keeps cpu pretty high. Maybe to refresh selected dir once if itīs selected but otherwise keep it "out of sync" until sync in background is over.

Last edited by slender; 2010-09-28 at 16:55.

It should not poll for a connection many times, I have to check that. I could somehow figure from dbus when device is put to sleep and do nothing, but most might want it to continue sync when screen saver hits in and sceen goes blank. So how should I predict when you want and don't want it to do stuff when you but the screen blank? Or was this just the issue what is should do nothing when wlan is lost?

Also it should not fetch metadata for the main view every time a sync file is completed, I should have different code paths for normal and synced transfers. DL does not fetch metadata even if you instantiate it from the main ui, UL will alter the folders content and then it will fetch. It should not however do it if the UL is done via sync. But I will have to check for that too then.

Thanks for the report, these things are especially important to tell me. As I don't use my own app for nearly anything, it's all for you