Active Topics

Notices

Poll: Does the "generate" button cause the app to crash?
Poll Options
Does the "generate" button cause the app to crash?

Okay, made a minor update (0.0.5):
Quality control (<--handaxe), saving to file (n900), saving to remote file (desktop), etc.

NB: Saving to file acts weirdly for 640x480 resolutions for some reason; it plays the movie fast, or records it slowly or something.

Try recording 640x480 through VLC and see if that helps or not.

Also not too sure if webcam works properly, so leave a message if you get problems.

This is literally my final post. I'm turning off my N900 and taking the battery out for 10 weeks. If you don't like the update, or certain features dont work as they should, then you can downgrade via:
Code:
sudo apt-get remove phonestream; sudo apt-get install phonestream=0.0.4
to get back to the old version.

Please leave as many messages or bug reports as possible so I have something to read when I get back here!

Peace out,
tetris11_

Oh shi~ I'm a bit late but anyway. I'm surprised no one asked about exposure control (auto exposure will be enough probably). Is it possible somehow?

Btw great app, there's always something in n900 to impress =)

I'm looking forward to the return of tetris11!!! I had a feature request....

If deemed a good idea can you allow the ability to select between h264 and mp4 as the video format? I have a Pandora and want to use it as my remote system but h264 doesn't render in VLC, later I am going to try mp4 to the Pandora and run the command via CLI. I'll report back if it works properly, if so; please add this as a selectable option. Thanks and good luck with your classes should you become weak and come out of the monastery to view this thread. I'll edit with my results. TIA

Posts: 31 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Qatar | http://pininthemap.com/maemo
during initial configuration:
followed the instructions & it worked out very well.

couple of days later:
opened the lens covers,
run the app,
hit stream,
played 'n900videostrm.sdp' file on Desktop,
nothing!
IP of the PC is the same. not sure if IP of tablet is the same

Posts: 1,378 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Göteborg, Sweden
Originally Posted by anees View Post
IP of the PC is the same. not sure if IP of tablet is the same
Well, the .sdp file contains the IP of the n900, so if that has changed well, you know what to do: regenerate the sdp file and copy it to the desktop.

Or have you done that and still have issues?

aaaand Johnny's back!

What have I missed? Dont say "nothing".

I want to hear suggestions about what you guys want so I can get right on it!

Posts: 1,378 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Göteborg, Sweden
Welcome back! I trust that 10 weeks of monkish existence achieved the dsired result.
What did you miss? Azkay and Smartcam got off to a flying start - that much you witnessed- but things then....lagged. Smartcam certainly works and well too over the WAN, but is camera centered in the sense that the camera phone calls the shots. Phonestreamer has a real strength there, as the viewer PC can make the connect.
So. I guess WAN functionality is one area of investigation.
With house moving my experiments lagged.... I am still trying to get 4g to work with my preferred router/firewall. So far the modem still taunts me..
I got a very bad result with vlc on the n900 and vlc on a PC over WAN. But it reached from n900 to the PC at the very least. Gst solution seem more tricky. Damn! I need to refocus again once I have stable internet access.

Hey hey, my monkish days are over! From now on it's purecocaine and rock and roll!!

Smartcam is a fine app, so we need to catch up and hopefully do one better.WAN is the number one target on the todo lists so Im gonna try some messing around of my own and see whats going on. (I might need some instruction...)

Other than that, how was the move and stuff? And why do you have no internet?

The Following User Says Thank You to tetris11_ For This Useful Post:
Okay just discovered that Natty (11.04 ubuntu) doesnt have openssh-server installed by default. So if you are experiencing problems where the "Send to Remote PC" function (for sdp files etc) no longer works after you upgraded from Maverick, then there's your answer.

As it works with hostnames instead of IP addresses shouldn't this be the default (or at least suggested in the GUI)?
My sdp file looks like
Code:
v=0
m= video 5678 RTP/AVP 96
c=IN IP4 nokia-n900
a=rtpmap:96 H264/90000
And I use the hostname of my desktop on the app in place of the IP

Also the app remembered my pc password - not cool.

When you scp stuff you can use a path relative path to the homedir by not starting with a /
scp somefile.sdp user@somecomputeresktop/
Then you don't need the warning

Last edited by hatt; 2011-06-06 at 01:48.

The Following User Says Thank You to hatt For This Useful Post:

Tags
gstreamer, lets rock, video stream