Active Topics

Notices

I have noticed something that is rather odd but it has fixed a problem I have had with Canola many times so I will post and maybe it will help.

I see many people have trouble with AAC when I do a search for media Canola doesn't find the files but for some reason If I set the video folder to the location of the AAC files and refresh it then finds all of my AAC Music files even when there is no video files it picks up all of the music.

I have done this several times and it fixed my problem maybe the developers can make some sense out of it.

The Following User Says Thank You to ravenmsb For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,412 | Thanked: 594 times | Joined on Aug 2005 @ Recife, Brazil
Hi Raven :

Quite strange behavior indeed, but a good tip on finding what is happening. It's for sure a bug in the scanner, and we are trying to evolve it as we go.

Unfortunately team is changing completely so it will take time to us to be on full speed again.

Marcelo
OpenBossa Labs @ INdT, Recife Brazil
http://openbossa.indt.org

Posts: 1,412 | Thanked: 594 times | Joined on Aug 2005 @ Recife, Brazil
Hi guys :

Answering the "old ones"

Bmps: yes, they are not supported on the scanner so they are not showing. Actually png was the problems, people complained..now I think you're the first bmp request.. so we may see what's happening and evolve to support it (possibly it's quite simple just adding the extension to the dummy scanner)

Slow / videos not playing / Diablo : Diablo is not supported dudes : / we are rushing like crazys to support it but it will not do too much if only Canola is fully ported. Mplayer, etc etc needs to be 100% diablo also to everything be fine again...

Brontide : I think this happens since the first version (the album is alphabetical)
But a good news the new team is already implementing a simple grid, that does a simple album / thumbnail view with more sorting options. Maybe it will be in beta10 if performance x bug count is good enough!
OpenBossa Labs @ INdT, Recife Brazil
http://openbossa.indt.org

I made a sad discovery yesterday... I'm missing all the canola's texts (icons' names, settings' menus, titles, descriptions, etc...)
I don't recall doing anything wrong, this morning canolad was updated, but nothing changed...
I haven't used canola in the last ten days, last time was perfect, and now I have no idea of what interfered with it...
Oh, I'm not on Diablo, still using chinook (probably even the first release...)
I guess my best option is to completely remove it and reinstall, am I right? Sob...

Never mind, canola is magically back with everything in place

Here's something strange. I recently added an 8GB external card and copied a few gigs of music to it. When browsing through My Music via All Songs, all the songs are visible and they play fine. However, when browsing via Artists or Albums some of the songs are missing. I tracked it down to being the bit rate of the song. Any song over 192kbps does not show up. For instance, when looking at U2's latest album only the songs ripped at 192kbps or below show up, those at 256 don't. With another album all the songs were ripped at 320kbps. The entire album is not visible.

Posts: 2 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Chicago
I have a Nokia 770 and it says OS2006 with Version 2.2006.39-14

I tried installing the Gregale on my 770 but I get a green Canola screen with no icons. I know others have had this problem in the past, but I couldnt' find anyone that had solved this issue.

Appreciate your help.

Could you include the option to change the default directory for the cover art to one of the MMC cards? I've got a lot of music (over 5000 songs) across a 16GB and 32GB SD cards, and using /home/user/.canola/covers/ fills up the native memory. I've manually moved the covers folder to one of the SD cards, deleted the original covers directory, and created a symbolic link, but then the plug in only works in the 3 album view, which is tedious to use when you have hundreds of albums.

I've also noticed that when I use canola tuning, I can see the small album covers in the cover arts menu, but they aren't generated when I use the Canola tuning plugin.

BTW, where does the canola tuning store the album covers?

I'm working with a clean install of Diablo, and while I know some of this has already been touched on in previous posts, but I thought you would want to know that these aren't isolated problems.

Thanks

It stores it in /home/user/.canola/covers

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

i've searched but i can't get canola to recognize my album covers. i just put a cover.jpg on every album folder i have. other media players see the covers but canola can't. would you recommend a reinstall? or is this feature currently not available for diablo?

my folder structure is:

MUSIC
-album 1
---music1
---music2
---music3
---music4
---cover.jpg
-album 2
---music1
---music2
---music3
---music4
---cover.jpg

i set canola tuning to local covers only.

TIA!

Last edited by lazuli; 2008-07-21 at 09:55.