Notices

That might be the problem.

Will try upgrading to 2007he, this needs to be done by connecting it to a pc right?

And where can I find a working link to the latest 2007he?
All the links i find are dead

Last edited by nry; 2008-12-01 at 14:47.

Posts: 480 | Thanked: 378 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Chicago-ish
oss2007he can be downloaded from http://tablets-dev.nokia.com/os2007_hacker_edition.php For instructions, check out http://wiki.maemo.org/Updating_the_tablet_firmware

Thanks got it flashed to that but now I can't install the GUI
I have python installed but im still missing a package called
python2.5-conic

Previously in the thread someone mentioned using apt-get to install it but it says it cann't find a package called that.

Where can I get hold of this?

Posts: 480 | Thanked: 378 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Chicago-ish
Make sure you have bora extras enabled. The information for bora extras should be as follows:
Web address: http://repository.maemo.org/extras
Distribution: bora
Components: free non-free

python2.5-conic does seem to be available there. You will probably need to use apt-get to install it. The application manager doesn't like downloading dependencies for debs you have locally. If it still won't install, please post EXACTLY what apt-get returns. Remember, you should use:
Code:
apt-get install python2.5-conic
as root to install this package. This is one of the things that should be cured by getting pyrdesktop into bora extras.

I have the Nokia 770 w/ 2007HE. Trying to follow the steps to install, using post 163 I can install rdesktop-cli. But installing pyrdesktop I get the cannot install message stating it is missing: python2.5-hildon, gtk2, gnome & conic. So tried to install python2.5 as stated from post 29 but I get error because of unmet dependencies: openssh-client, common, server, python2.5-bluez, gstreamer, etc. I have Openssh 1:4.7p1-2.maemo2 installed.
Can someone help me install python2.5 so I can get pyrdesktop installed. I have no experience with Unix. Thanks

Last edited by Trioxide; 2008-12-12 at 06:02.

Okay,
I figured it out. I had dropbear also on my unit and it was stopping openssh from installing properly. Removed dropbear, did a apt-get -f install which updated openssh. Then was able to install python2.5 and then pyrdesktop no problem.
Now I have a couple of other questions. Have rdesktop-cli 1.6.3-bora1 and pyrdesktop 1.5.0-6. Auto reconnect is not working for me. My 770 keeps dropping my connection quite regularly. Why is the auto reconnect not working? That is why I went with this version as I though it was better then the old rdesktop? Also is there a way to get my session to run on startup of my unit? I use it for home automation and want it to connect to my server when I turn on the unit.
Thanks

Is there any way to change the RDP port from the default of 3389?

You change the listening port on the computer that is hosting the RDP session. You can find instructions here.

Then you simply add the new port to the end of the IP address that you are using to connect to the RDP host. So if you change the port from 3389 to 4333 and your RDP host is located at 192.168.1.15, then your address that you type into pyrdesktop would be 192.168.1.14:4333

I hope that helps. It is very easy to change the port that RDP uses and I would definitely recommend that you do that. Don't forget to change the port on your firewire and/or router port forwarding address list if neccessary too.

The Following User Says Thank You to sic0048 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 844 | Thanked: 521 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ UK southampton
Hi all first post on here but i've read virtually everything on the forum and have learned loads about the tablet and Linux in general so many thanks to you all that have helped out with what ever subjects.
My problem is that I have Rdesktop installed (Have tried both) and although I can connect okay through SSH and in clear I cannot see the local cards from the N800. I have checked the boxes for SD cards and checked in the remote computers drives for MMC1 and 2 but can't seem to find them. Im using the latest Diablo update on the tablet with Vista Home Premium on the desktop PC(Patched for Terminals Services). Do you think the patch for Vista Home Premium is whats stopping the remote computer recognising the client drives?
Thanks in advance.

Posts: 395 | Thanked: 137 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Boone, IA
@TrueJournals

First off awesome application

Worked great 'til I broke it

Gui launches and then immediately disappears...

Following the suggestion in one of the first posts in this thread, I ran rdesktop.py from xterm to see what sort of errors I got.

Error: Open Loadopt file: Permission denied

Background: I deleted one of the 2 connection settings and (I think) closed the GUI before it finished.

How do I "fix" the Loadopt file?

edit: Looks like the Loadopt problem is affecting other things too: Khertan's mCalendar is also failing on this error.

Thanks

Snoshrk

N800 (retired...soon to eBay)
Favorite Apps: CommunitySSU,DiabloTurbo, Flipclock, Keepnote, Dialcentral, Gizmo5 ,MediaBox/pyFMradio, Telescope,Diablo5 theme, Tear, Personal Menu/Launcher, OMWeather,Blubbels, Advanced Power/Backlight...now to play with Garnet6...

Last edited by Snoshrk; 2009-01-10 at 05:19. Reason: added mCal problems

Tags
diablo, gui, rdesktop