Posts: 475 | Thanked: 771 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
I got the delayed email.

sjgadsby - It is dated September 10, so it may be a ways down your inbox. I almost missed mine.

Thanks,
Andrew

The Following User Says Thank You to fiferboy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by fiferboy View Post
sjgadsby - It is dated September 10, so it may be a ways down your inbox.
Thank you for the tip. I've checked all my email accounts again, focusing upon that date this time, but I've still come up empty. Tim assures me I've been sponsored though, and he's forwarded me the instructions he received, so I suppose I'll proceed using them.

Posts: 1,605 | Thanked: 1,601 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Southern California
Originally Posted by sjgadsby View Post
Thank you for the tip. I've checked all my email accounts again, focusing upon that date this time, but I've still come up empty. Tim assures me I've been sponsored though, and he's forwarded me the instructions he received, so I suppose I'll proceed using them.
Yes. Proceed.

In fact, everyone should proceed with making their flight reservations as soon as possible. I've already confirmed my booking and the price was very cheap (almost the same price as if I wanted to fly somewhere in the US). Getting cheap flights ensures that more budget may be proportioned for the Summit itself (which is a good thing).

Thanks!
Tim

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to timsamoff For This Useful Post:
Posts: 794 | Thanked: 784 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ /Canada/Ontario/GTA
Originally Posted by timsamoff View Post
Yes. Proceed.

In fact, everyone should proceed with making their flight reservations as soon as possible. I've already confirmed my booking and the price was very cheap (almost the same price as if I wanted to fly somewhere in the US). Getting cheap flights ensures that more budget may be proportioned for the Summit itself (which is a good thing).

Thanks!
Tim
Yup - I've got my flights as well. The agent was very responsive, and got me the direct flights from Toronto to Amsterdam that I wanted. Now I just need a roomate! (I was going to put my name down beside qole's - but I cannot gaurantee the snoring thing...)

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
My flights are done too. As some may have seen on the mailing list, Sunday flights to my area (DFW) were problematic-- anyone else run into that? Who else from the US/Canada are leaving on the 12th due to flight issues?

Last edited by Texrat; 2009-09-16 at 18:26.

Posts: 794 | Thanked: 784 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ /Canada/Ontario/GTA
I am leaving on Sunday 6pm - so I may miss the very tail end of the Sunday sessions. I think there were only two direct flights to Toronto that day - I'm on the last one. But, it was more convenient for me since I can spend the last day of the long weekend with my family.

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
I'm having serious issues getting my flights booked. They want to put me on a 14-hour marathon, because the direct flight is too expensive. When they sent me their price for two direct flights (4000 euros!?!) I checked the KLM website and got a price of less than 1000 euros. Negotiations are ongoing. I may have to book this myself and get reimbursed

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
I'm not surprised qole and I hope you can get it worked out!

The Following User Says Thank You to Texrat For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Things are complicated by the fact that my day is their night. So I get their e-mails at 3 in the morning my time, and they get my responses at 8pm their time... Frustrating...

Posts: 3,319 | Thanked: 5,610 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Finland
Patience and persistence, I'm sure you're going to work it out, just keep cool.

Yes, they do have interesting suggestions occasionally (I'm currently on a ~7 hour proposal, which is quite a result for a less than a 1000 mile distance, a result of me not wanting to leave at 11AM on Sunday and them not budging to put me on a Monday morning flight Yes, I know, there are probably nomads in the African desert with better connectivity than mine ).

Tags
summit