Posts: 1,255 | Thanked: 393 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ US
Originally Posted by NvyUs View Post
just google ovi store on n900 browser and use link from there to access it or type out store.ovi.mobi
default bookmark and desktop icon dont work yet
Got it! Thanks!

Hmm, methinks some of these apps aren't optified. At least my rootfs usage went up (even after a reboot).

As for themes.. could someone post a screenshot of them actually using it? When I try them they look a bit.. ugly.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Last edited by Laughing Man; 2010-01-12 at 01:56.

Works here in ireland.

Considerable increase in speed I've noticed.

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Originally Posted by Laughing Man View Post
Hmm, methinks some of these apps aren't optified. At least my rootfs usage went up (even after a reboot).

As for themes.. could someone post a screenshot of them actually using it? When I try them they look a bit.. ugly.
If we buy something from the OVI store, should we assume it has been optified or not? Is Nokia checking to see that stuff it is selling is safe?

Re the themes, Wordcity theme resets back to the default theme everytime you restart.

The Badlands theme, on the other hand, keeps the badlands girls even after restarting

Originally Posted by geneven View Post
If we buy something from the OVI store, should we assume it has been optified or not? Is Nokia checking to see that stuff it is selling is safe?
It appears that the games are optified, but not the libraries they depend on (according to another thread). Basically QT 4.5 is optified but some apps use QT 4.6 but that's not optified yet.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

The Following User Says Thank You to Laughing Man For This Useful Post:
Just did the update first and then got the ovi store too.
Thanks Nokia ... at least we are started on the path ...

Loving Angry Birds - this is as good or better than many iPhone games ...
the Airport game is like the Flight Control game on the iPod or Iphones - but is not as easy and good as the iPhone version though.

Got to try out a few more games.
How about some apps which are new and not in the repos as yet - or all apps on Ovi store are already on the repos ?

Posts: 562 | Thanked: 123 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Daly City
Originally Posted by martinj88 View Post
I just opened Pendulum and banner and watched them both play out at the same time in task view...

I am so glad I got this phone.
did it too.. its very nice!...

Posts: 138 | Thanked: 43 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Vancouver Island, Canada
Works here in western Canada. I love the easy download/install process. I've never used an iPhone, Droid, etc. so I can't compare, but I think Nokia has done a bang up job.

I'm a practical sort of guy, so I downloaded Level and Anglemeter first. I think these are useful little app-lets, but I'm not convinced of the accuracy.

Solitaire next, then Elements, then ....

I can't imagine the level would be 100% accurate. The camera protrudes a little bit so the N900 doesn't lie perfectly straight.