Originally Posted by doctor madness View Post
You have to start "mouse cursor" in the applications menu.
When I do that, the mouse cursos appears, but when I move the mouse, the cursor doesn't move, I don't want to sound like a newbie, just tell me which logs do I have to look, because syslog doesn't show any error, just:

Oct 9 10:12:10 iSnake iap_conndlg 2.86+0m5[1523]: error loading pixbuf 'control_bluetooth_peripheral': Icon 'control_bluetooth_peripheral' not present in theme

when pairing

Oct 9 10:15:54 iSnake bluetoothd[1248]: link_key_request (sba=34:7E:39:42:A2:34, dba=00:23:6C:C0:FE:35)

when connecting via BT HID Connect

and nothing shows when openning BT HID Watcher, but when I connect again my mighty mouse, the exact above kernel message shows, any ideas?

edit: if I execute dmesg, the only relevant message is: Bluetooth: HIDP (Human Interface Emulator) ver 1.2

Posts: 3 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Tasmania
Hi, i have just got the N900 and would also like to get a Bluetooth Keyboard i bought working with it. This is the keyboard i purchased:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Mini-Bluetoot...item335df5bbdf

It has great build quality and is the size of the actual N900 itself, the phone can pair with it but i cannot get it to work, i am guessing it's a layout issue, i have tried loads of things suggested here but nothing works although i gather this keyboard is very diff to some of the others tried by members in this thread. If i press any key on it the Bluetooth symbol on my phone lights up blue so it is clearly connected. Interestingly enough it came with an installation CD for different devices, i have attached one, named Android.apk, is it possible to install this on the N900? And also a detailed picture of the keyboard itself so you can see the layout. Any help on this one will be much appreciated, i don't know much at all about Linux based systems so it has been interesting to learn.

Regards
David
Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: zip Android.zip (227.3 KB, 117 views)

Posts: 992 | Thanked: 738 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Low Earth Orbit
Originally Posted by snakekontrol View Post
any ideas?
You have populated the file .bt-hid-devices right?

Originally Posted by dddwilliams View Post
i have attached one, named Android.apk, is it possible to install this on the N900?
Install, maybe. Will it work?, definitely not.

Any help on this one will be much appreciated, i don't know much at all about Linux based systems so it has been interesting to learn.
Really there is no substitute for reading through this thread from top to bottom.

Basic outline:
  • install this package
  • do the initial pairing
  • figure out your keyboard layout and get it to work: how to get bluetooth pc105 keyboards to work with N900
  • make the appropriate entries in .btkeyboard and .bt-hid-devices
  • switch off your keyboard
  • run the BT HID Watcher app
  • turn on your keyboard (on mine I seem to have to press a key on it for it to auto re-pair to N900), when BT icon on N900 turns blue, you may have to press a key (any key) on the internal keyboard otherwise the the non-alphanumeric keys on your BT keyboard might not work (NB I have to do this for my keyboard Neos Bluslim, YMMV)

Originally Posted by kureyon View Post
You have populated the file .bt-hid-devices right?
yes, in /home/user/.bt-hid-devices it says:

Code:
dev_00_23_6C_C0_FE_35
which I think is the mighty mouse mac address, right?

Originally Posted by snakekontrol View Post
which I think is the mighty mouse mac address, right?
Heh, no idea. On my logitech mouse the address is printed on the bottom.

Anyway, with BT on, and BT HID Watcher running, when you switch on the mouse and it auto connects, the Watcher script should print out a message saying "XXXX mouse connected", do you see this?

Originally Posted by kureyon View Post
Heh, no idea. On my logitech mouse the address is printed on the bottom.

Anyway, with BT on, and BT HID Watcher running, when you switch on the mouse and it auto connects, the Watcher script should print out a message saying "XXXX mouse connected", do you see this?
no, I don't see that, and yes, that's the mac address of my mighty mouse

Posts: 3 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Tasmania
I have gone through this thread and many others, tried many things, seem to have a problem with the Bluetooth HID Scripts part, it won't let me install it, when i try install it it crashes phone. And i noticed some people had this issues with the sixasis software but i do not have that installed. This is confusing the hell out of me, so i can't install this package, it pairs no problem, bluetooth icon highlights blue then goes white after a few seconds, press any key on the keyboard and it will do this. Figure out your keyboard layout? What do you mean how do i do that?

Posts: 182 | Thanked: 69 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Netherlands
I got my Igo stowaway to work, but number keys only by using qobi's original command ($ setxkbmap -device 4 -I -I/usr/share/X11/xkb-chinook -rules base -model pc105 -layout us).
Using the watcher script, some of the keys do get special functions, but they don't make much sense.
.bt-hid-devices and .btkeyboard read:

Code:
dev_00_03_C9_3D_A6_A3
Code:
# Config file for remapping the external keyboard
KBDRULES=base
KBDMODEL=pc105
KBDLAYOUT=us
which are both correct, as far as I can tell. Can anyone shed some light?

My sister needed a mouse, so I gave to her my mighty mouse, bought a magic mouse, it worked great with this app!

Also, I had an apple wireless keyboard, and I couldn't get bt-dbus-connect to work, so I examined the script, and saw that it searches for device names with "mouse" or "keyboard" in it, and my keyboard was named ikey, so I changed that to iKeyboard, and worked flawlessly.

I'm now searching for how to configure the keymap, but I'm going to read this thread, because I remember that it has been addressed, thanks!

Tags
bluetooth, keyboard, mouse, package