My experience with it so far

On the usability side
- Push notification works well so far
- If the app is in the background, it will always show "Searching for data connection" , however, it connects once a message is received
- Battery consumption is an issue if the app is kept running in background (could be related to the constant "searching for data connection")
- A bit slow to start up and lags occasionally

needed features
- Group chat
- Data sharing (image, sound, location...etc)
- Message indicator for LPM

Last edited by UnlimiteD3k; 2012-02-02 at 08:23. Reason: Added LPM

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to UnlimiteD3k For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by UnlimiteD3k View Post
My experience with it so far

On the usability side
- Push notification works well so far
- If the app is in the background, it will always show "Searching for data connection" , however, it connects once a message is received
- Battery consumption is an issue if the app is kept running in background (could be related to the constant "searching for data connection")
- A bit slow to start up and lags occasionally

needed features
- Group chat
- Data sharing (image, sound, location...etc)
- Message indicator for LPM
I totally agree!

Originally Posted by Muzimak View Post
@Alex
So since I'm the only one among my friends that has N9, others use Iphones, E72, Blackberrys etc, if I install Ebuddy XMS, and they also do the same, can we still reach each other using different models? Off-course not for E72 as U previously mentioned, but when?

If this is possible then I'll advice all my friends to install it!
Hi!

Sorry for the late reply, I was on holidays

Yes, it is possible, XMS is a cross-platform application, so you can message on all platforms with your friends.

Best regards,
Aleksandra

The Following User Says Thank You to Aleksandra For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Muzimak View Post
It seems after further investigations it's indeed consuming more Data than it's supposed to, I deleted FB & Twitter and reloaded my Airtime, purchased another 10MB which normally last me 24hrs, within 40 minutes it's finished again! Something is not ok!

The rest I love it, since my friend has both, he says it almost looks like Whatsapp but it has better looks and colourfull than Whatsapp. I'm definately sure that it's gonna look more awesome when the full version comes out! How do I add my Avatar?

Where's Alex to come explain this further!
Hi!

I am sorry for the late reply as I was on holidays.

I will go through the whole thread now and look into the issues you reported, will let developers know and keep you updated.

Best regards,
Aleksandra

The Following User Says Thank You to Aleksandra For This Useful Post:
any plan to add free internet call? something like viber app for ios

The Following User Says Thank You to youmeego For This Useful Post:
if possible, make a video call like tango ( pr 1.2 will support front camera)

Posts: 82 | Thanked: 30 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Singapore
Hi Aleksandra,

So glad that you are back! I was beginning to think that XMS is going to stop improving! Hope to see new functionalities coming soon!

Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
was the sound problem mentioned? the one that stops music if i get msgs?

Posts: 82 | Thanked: 30 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Singapore
today i have gotten a weird bug. I believe XMS uses the media volume as the volume of the notification. Whenever i am in office, i will turn the volume down.

One day, my wife was sending me a series of messages. The volume was low initially. Then all of a sudden, the notifications became loud. Then i unlocked my phone to check and realise that the media volume has went up on its own. So i turn the volume down again. Then my wife start sending me a series of messages again. Initially the volume was low but suddenly, the volume went up again.

This do not happen all the time but comes every now and then.

Anyway i think that the volume of the notification should be based on the profile instead and not based on the media volume.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tanwg For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mirondanro View Post
XMS push doesn't seem to really work for me. eBuddy (1.0.102105-31)

I have the mobile operator internet on automatic and also the WiFi at home and work. Push is ON. What did i notice:

1. Someone sends me an XMS. I see my phone after some seconts connecting to Wifi but the XMS doesn't arrive. I wait another 10 min, nothing. Then I access eBuddy and the XMS is received.

2. Someone sends me an XMS. No XMS received in 10 minutes. I turn off the phone and on again. After the phone loads, the message with XMS received appears without entering eBuddy. Could this be an indication that there is a problem with the push (Nokia account).

3. I have eBuddy on, someone sends an XMS. I receive it without a problem. I close XMS but the interent connection is still active. The person sends me another XMS. I receive it without eBuddy on. I wait a while and the interent disconects as there is nothing using in anymore. The person sends me again an XMS. The phone
connects to the interent but no XMS received. It seems that I can receive push only in the interent connection session that I had eBuddy ON.

4. Sometimes eBuddy goes crazy and it keeps my phone constantly connected making a lot of data transfer nad battary drainage (lik other users reported above). This problem is gone if I turn the push OFF and also if I reinstall eBuddy. When eBuddy works normal my idel consumption goes up from 15 to 25-30 mAh.

One important thing. I don't receive any message notification on the black lock screen. So often I would miss if someone sends me a message.
Hi!

Thanks for reporting the issues.
One question: do you have the app installed from Nokia Store or our beta version?

Best regards,
Aleksandra