Posts: 26 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Milano
have you ever tried this plugin ? http://www.knownokia.ca/2011/01/flas...your-n900.html

it works for me, i've tried on facebook, youtube and tubeify. The only problem is that when I play videos from youtube at a certain moment the video stuck and does'nt load anymore. I think it can be improved ^^

Last edited by Alastor89; 2011-04-29 at 07:23.

Posts: 1,411 | Thanked: 1,330 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Tatooine
Originally Posted by Alastor89 View Post
have you ever tried this plugin ? http://www.knownokia.ca/2011/01/flas...your-n900.html

it works for me, i've tried on facebook, youtube and tubeify. The only problem is that when I play videos from youtube at a certain moment the video stuck and does'nt load anymore. I think it can be improved ^^
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...postcount=1897

Posts: 291 | Thanked: 134 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ North-west, UK
It'll be very very slow though. Not fully accelerated, and of dubious legality, iirc.

I am just a dummy user of N900. Can anyone gives me a detail description of how to install the plugin? Does this plugin works fine on N900? Thanks.

Posts: 701 | Thanked: 585 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ London, England
You can find instructions if you look (Google will help you if there isn't instructions in the link given), and no it doesn't work fine, it will play some Flash 10 content, but it is unstable and will crash whenever you try to interact with it.

Banned | Posts: 695 | Thanked: 308 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ originally pakistan ,now in china
isnt there anyone to realise the importance of this n900?i saw people buying this even now a days ,even i did a month ago ,so come on ,flash is so desperately needed ,if you cant play videos on n900 just because of flash that is so fricking embarassing,really ))
please show up with a stable flash,we need it )))))

Here is the plugin on dropbox. To install it, simply replace the shared-object in /usr/lib/browser/plugins - but be sure to create a backup in the event that you need to revert. I suggest you move it out of /usr/lib and into /opt as it'll chew roughly 7MB of space. Restart browserd or reboot your device and you're done.

can someone explain it, i don't get it, how can i movie it out of /usr/lib and into /opt.

thankx

ahaha at the poor guy begging for new flash

Banned | Posts: 695 | Thanked: 308 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ originally pakistan ,now in china
Frappacino;1002466]ahaha at the poor guy begging for new flash

haha?do you think its funny ? having an organised teeth structure isnt a great thing but a flash player ,to play all bunch of videos ..mind me ))
i wish you were in china and only then u could realise the importance of flash in n900 cuz you use youtube here,it is banned in china ,even facebook, so no videos ,and chinese use the only youtube like site ( youku.com ) and guess what you can use that on n900 but cant play videos becuz you dont have flash in n900 ...amazing or embarrassing ?

Last edited by prankster; 2011-05-09 at 10:56.

Posts: 291 | Thanked: 134 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ North-west, UK
Originally Posted by prankster View Post
isnt there anyone to realise the importance of this n900?i saw people buying this even now a days ,even i did a month ago ,so come on ,flash is so desperately needed ,if you cant play videos on n900 just because of flash that is so fricking embarassing,really ))
please show up with a stable flash,we need it )))))
We know. Tell Adobe : http://bugs.adobe.com/flashplayer/

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tomchiverton For This Useful Post:

Tags
adobe, adobe flash, blahblah, flash, flash 10, flash 10.1, fremantle, future, idiotic thread, maemo, maemo 5, nokia, nokia fails, update