Active Topics

Poll: Did you order a Jolla tablet?
Poll Options
Did you order a Jolla tablet?

Closed Thread
Posts: 334 | Thanked: 2,004 times | Joined on Oct 2013 @ Fin
Originally Posted by att View Post
https://twitter.com/AnttiSaarnio/sta...29790518951936

At least Antti Saarnio wants to believe in delivering the tablets despite all. As long he is fighting for it there is chance.
In Slush Antti Saarnio himself pointed on me and promised to me that I will get my tablet. So I believe we will get our tablets.

Originally Posted by att View Post

At least Antti Saarnio wants to believe in delivering the tablets despite all. As long he is fighting for it there is chance.
I think you should maybe read most of the replies...

Unfortunately, it is very unlikely there will be any more tablets. Even if Jolla manages to get new financing and reduce current debt, the new financing must be directed to something that would be able to generate additional revenue, i.e Sailfish OS, not the tablet that is basically dead end. And getting more financing even for Sailfish OS is unlikely, as there is no credible ecosystem.

Originally Posted by eekkelund View Post
In Slush Antti Saarnio himself pointed on me and promised to me that I will get my tablet. So I believe we will get our tablets.
You can't possibly believe what you just said ... read it again ... or are you being ironic?

If you are serious, I have a bridge to sell you and Antti has a Sailfish Alliance to sell you, too.

Posts: 307 | Thanked: 1,460 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Switzerland
Originally Posted by IlkkaP View Post
Unfortunately, it is very unlikely there will be any more tablets. Even if Jolla manages to get new financing and reduce current debt, the new financing must be directed to something that would be able to generate additional revenue, i.e Sailfish OS, not the tablet that is basically dead end. And getting more financing even for Sailfish OS is unlikely, as there is no credible ecosystem.
Utter rubbish. I really wonder if some of you people actually want Jolla to say you won't get your tablets just so you can moan more.

Posts: 388 | Thanked: 1,340 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Finland
Originally Posted by zenecho View Post
I think you should maybe read most of the replies...
I already did before posting. Those don't change what I wrote. We don't know how this will end, for sure. There is still small chance.

Originally Posted by billranton View Post
Utter rubbish. I really wonder if some of you people actually want Jolla to say you won't get your tablets just so you can moan more.
They put up another tranche of (non-existent) pre-order tablets when they likely already knew that they couldn't fulfil even a fraction of the IGG backer rewards this year, and maybe never fulfil others / have it commercially available.

That seems like a rather questionable thing to do. Robbing Peter to pay Paul.

They're about to lay off a large portion of their workforce (by their own admission), which they then hope to re-hire post restructuring. Assuming they do restructure their debt and receive more VC money and grants from the government, do you think all of those staff will have happily sat in limbo for several months? Some might. Others will flee and look for employment elsewhere. Even best case, Jolla face huge problems, and beyond an act of charity I don't see how or why Intex would continue to develop a Sailfish device.

If they make it to MWC as a going concern, rather than in administration, it'll be a surprise.

Last edited by bluefoot; 2015-11-20 at 18:47.

Posts: 307 | Thanked: 1,460 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Switzerland
More rubbish. You're assuming they've known that this financing round would be delayed since before the summer. Based on the tablet delay pattern, I think the best guess would be that this started after the first round were invited to pay their taxes, before the second batch got delayed. For all you know it's still coming, waiting for the right deal.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Why would anyone invest in Jolla and to make it even more stupid. Why would anyone invest in Jolla so they can ship tablet with no ROI? Call Nokia, give up some of the OS and go on...

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by billranton View Post
You're assuming they've known that this financing round would be delayed since before the summer.
They may not have known the details but believe me, they have known that they were in dire straights for a long time. Definitely at least 6 months. That explains all the delays: the tablet, all the support issues, the disappearence of official Jolla answers on TJC... The signs have been there in clear view for a long time.

Some of us saw it coming for almost a year. Not everyone wanted to hear.

Closed Thread

Tags
moral hazard, paypal refund