Active Topics

Posts: 13 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Coventry, UK
Thanks again for everyone's help. Problem now solved. Connected to Windows 7 and ran checkdisk which fixed it. Issue appeared to be a bad download by Transmission.

Akira

Posts: 13 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Coventry, UK
A little off topic but related to a question asked earlier whether I have rootsh installed, which I do. I was wondering if anyone else uses terminal scripts as shortcuts for commonly used commands. For example I put sudo gainroot into a script and called it "r" so now I open terminal and type sh r to get root privilages. Another one is apt-get update and upgrade which I just open terminal and type sh u to update repos and upgrade all apps that needs it. Using terminal this way to update and upgrade is so much quicker and easier than using FAP. Has anyone got any others they would like to share?

Posts: 2,102 | Thanked: 1,937 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Berlin, Germany
Hi akirayuki,
transmission is notorious for corrupting the file system. You might want to search the forum for that?
I use the hostname of my laptop as alias in bash4 to ssh into it via DynDNS.org, also i set up aliases for the power states for power kernel.