Notices

Posts: 516 | Thanked: 643 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Denmark/Poland
Originally Posted by v13 View Post
Here is the proof...
Jezzz, those comments are for serious? You shall burn in hell, @v13

Useful links for newcomers:
Użyteczne linki:
Nowi użyktownicy mówią cześć | New members say hello , Tu zaczynają nowi użytkownicy | New users start here, Podforum społeczności | Community subforum, Wiki dla początkujących | Beginners' wiki page, Maemo5 101, Często zadawane pytania | Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ), Google

Jeżeli mogę w czymś pomóc, pytaj!
If I can help with anything else, just ask!

Bored? Follow me

Any shot of this running on the 8x0 series?
If not, can you please specify that in the original post.

Posts: 376 | Thanked: 511 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Greece
Originally Posted by mrdally204 View Post
Any shot of this running on the 8x0 series?
If not, can you please specify that in the original post.
It should be trivial to port this. Perhaps it runs as-is since it is a python2.5 + qt app.

Anyway, I changed the first post to say "for N900"

Posts: 2,173 | Thanked: 2,678 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cornwall, UK
I really wish this sort of thing had been available to me back when these things were... predictable. Care to create a variant for the peri-menopause?

Actually, I never needed anything like this. I know exactly when I ovulate from a range of physical and emotional factors. If you would find it helpful to refine the tool by allowing women to enter those elements (and make the app 'learn' a woman's particular cycle rather than just take the averages) let me know. Probably better done over PM though - would ick out most of the readers here. Or scare them.

Great idea though. I believe it was suggested way back when before n900 was launched. I'm a little alarmed at the idea of a gentleman keeping a selection of women's cycles in his phone. Not sure I want to be around anyone like that!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RevdKathy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 968 | Thanked: 974 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Ohio
@v13

I wouldn't worry too much about those comments. Personally, I'm a little offended that they think they know who the app is obviously targeted at. It' s extremely sexist on their part to assume who "obviously" has a use for this app .

As RevdKathy pointed out, she was well aware of her cycle (as were most of the women I know/knew when this topic came up).

I thought it'd be nice to use so I know whether my wife is likely to be in the mood or bite my head off. Crud now I made a bad joke. Anyway, tracking that doesn't come naturally to me, so I thought this app(bad joke and all) migh be useful to me, a (gasp) man.

Originally Posted by lemmyslender View Post
@v13

I wouldn't worry too much about those comments. Personally, I'm a little offended that they think they know who the app is obviously targeted at. It' s extremely sexist on their part to assume who "obviously" has a use for this app .

As RevdKathy pointed out, she was well aware of her cycle (as were most of the women I know/knew when this topic came up).

I thought it'd be nice to use so I know whether my wife is likely to be in the mood or bite my head off. Crud now I made a bad joke. Anyway, tracking that doesn't come naturally to me, so I thought this app(bad joke and all) migh be useful to me, a (gasp) man.
I could be a real ***** and suggest that the women with a problem about the joke were premenstrual... see, I can get away with that.

It's all relative anyway: I'd be delighted to suffer from classic PMS (of the "Say it's 'just PMS' once more and I'll staple your nuts to the floor!" variety - See women are allowed to find that funny!) Personally, I do premenstrual with howling, sobbing, irrational depression.

I'd agree: this app isn't so much for women, who usually know what's going on inside. It's for men who might find it useful.

If you wanted to use it as a calculator for the rhythm method of contraception/conception, you'd want to include a lot more specific details to get the 'hot' days accurately.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to RevdKathy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,137 | Thanked: 402 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Catalunya
Originally Posted by v13 View Post
Here is another one:
Q: How can you make women call you a misoginist?
A: Write an app that is focused mostly on them and include a joke.

Here is the proof...
What was supposed to be a joke turns out to be the sad truth

Posts: 54 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Sweden
Regarding the stupid joke or not in that linked thread with the misogynist, bit..
I just think that this is an attitude that is not helpful for anyone in any way.
More on this matter: FLOSS Weekly 104: FreeBSDGirl (quite a bit into the program).

Anyway, great you developed this! Im sure its useful for lots of folks!

Originally Posted by danielpublic View Post
Regarding the stupid joke or not in that linked thread with the misogynist, bit..
I just think that this is an attitude that is not helpful for anyone in any way.
More on this matter: FLOSS Weekly 104: FreeBSDGirl (quite a bit into the program).

Anyway, great you developed this! Im sure its useful for lots of folks!
I tried. I really tried.

I got no further than "We're going to treat her as a normal person instead of a person of the female persuasion".

I came running back screaming to the inclusiveness of maemo.org.

dear all
hi \
I just join this great community And I am greatfull for that
I need your help to understand this application
if any one can help me with colour code meaning throw the period cycle
thank you all for your support