Posts: 238 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on May 2006 @ New Mexico, USA
Mika...

was good talking with you as well... perhaps we can chat longer next time.

you are the first person I have spoken with from Finland!

also had a chat with Ed in London

Talk with you soon...

Omega

Posts: 874 | Thanked: 316 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ London UK
Mika, i am online wiht Green presence showing though I had a chat with Omega for a few moments.

As luck would have it I am in the middle of a bit of a crisis but have time to say hi if you get through,

BTW Omega's status in my Contacts was purple? for about 20 minutes before Google tied up his on line status with mine and then it went green.

Posts: 271 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Finland
Originally Posted by omegaone37 View Post
Mika...

was good talking with you as well... perhaps we can chat longer next time.

you are the first person I have spoken with from Finland!

also had a chat with Ed in London

Talk with you soon...

Omega
I also have never talk to Mexico before. It was amazing how good sound and picture quality was, even N800 camera is not very good its excellent for videocall. It was nice chat with you. Getting late 2AM at Finland

By the way.. Is there Google talk version for pc that supports also videocall?

Linux or Windows version? We tryed find it for Linux, but couldnt find version that would have support videocall.

Posts: 701 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Feb 2006 @ Italy
Originally Posted by Mika73 View Post
I have never tryed Google Talk videocall course I dont know anyone who has N800.. Well.. Only you guys here..

Could it be possible try Google Talk video with someone? I would love to try it
I'd like too - if you want, send me a chat message around 18.00 italian time (maybe 19.00 in finland?), my PC is on at that time and if you are available we can try to call each other, I'll connect the N800

maxilogan@gmail.com

Originally Posted by maxilogan View Post
I'd like too - if you want, send me a chat message around 18.00 italian time (maybe 19.00 in finland?), my PC is on at that time and if you are available we can try to call each other, I'll connect the N800

maxilogan@gmail.com
Hi Max

We can call at evening. I call you at 19:00 finnish time. (I try to remember) Do you use N800 or pc?

I was just trying to find if there is Google Talk software for pc Linux or Windows that would support videocall between N800 and pc. It would be nice course dont know anyone who has N800 here.

Last edited by Mika73; 2007-07-11 at 10:29.

Hi Max

We can all at evening. I call you at 19:00 finnish time. (I try to remember) Do you use N800 or pc?
I'm at work and I am logged in through the PC, but we have a wifi here so that once I know you're online, I'll connect the N800 too and wait for your video call

I was just trying to find if there is Google Talk software for pc Linux or Windows that would support videocall between N800 and pc. It would be nice course dont know anyone who has N800 here.
Guess that by "here" you mean in Finland. Most of us do own (ah ah! Misteries of the mis-spelling.. I wrote "won" instead of "own"...) an N800.

I read some threads in the past (IIRC it was the official one on the new update) were someone wrote about the Festoon plugin/service, at least for windows PCs, but also there were lots of people reporting it as problematic.

Max. I did just add you to my N800 Google Talk contacts. I think you have to accept it course I did also add Rebski and got note to N800 that he had accepted that I did add him to contacts.

Yeah. I dont know any N800 users at Finland. Only people I ´know´ are at this forum. Most people use pc so it would be intresting know if it is possible make Google Talk videocall between N800 and pc.

I have used N800 at home wifi and videocall feels really amazing, course I have never tryed it before. It would be full try it sometimes on the road if I can find wifi hotspot. But anyway there isnt many people who I can call. I thnk that this Google talk video is also great way learn know new people around the world. Internet makes me feel that everything at world is lot closer, but with videocall to other side of world or other country even at Europe.. Amazing.. Just click N800 with stylus and ´ok..you are there.. Hello..´ Amazing.. Lot more real than forum, lot more real than just talking with only voice..

I tried the PC beta software from Nokia once, back when I had just gotten the N800. My understanding is that the beta programme is not available anymore, but the source for the PC program was there at the time and I remember downloading it. I never looked at it (as it was a Windows program and I don't use it much), but now I can't remember what it was called or where I stored it.. did anyone else look at the source? If so, did it give any clue as to what protocol is used? (for a potential re-implementation or Linux version)

Max. I did just add you to my N800 Google Talk contacts. I think you have to accept it course I did also add Rebski and got note to N800 that he had accepted that I did add him to contacts.
Just accepted and I can see you as online status.. *See* you later

Tags
gtalk, maemo 4