Active Topics

Posts: 752 | Thanked: 284 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Malaysia
Here's a rather manual suggestion:

Go to the folders on your N900 and 'move' the files from you memory card to the N900 memory. Then 'move' them back to the memory card (if you want to keep them on the memory card). That'll guarantee to view your pictures and media files.

I had that problem recently because I wanted to format my SD card. After reinstalling the contents on the formatted SD, the N900 could not pick up the photos and media files, and I noticed only contents on the N900 were displayed. Which prompt me to try the above manual method.

Note of caution, because I had a lot of pictures, it cause the N900 to temporarily hang and I had to restart it. To my horror, it changed the file name of the N900 to some BCMxxxxxx Initialization Configuration. You can easily reset that through your Bluetooth naming. Ref this thread http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...737#post908737

Posts: 24 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ st.helens,merseyside
Originally Posted by shabbirk2c View Post
Hi.. my friend just called and told me that she is able to view the images/photos/videos/audio files on the phone now.. maybe it was the tracker-processes -r taking effect after some time.. i have no idea how... but its working..

Thanks alot Thumbs for all your help..

@bigears5000 .. no she did not install anything recently.. but i guess the tracker-processes -r worked..

thanks j.s and everyone..

hopefully this post will help someone in the future if they have the same problem..

thanks again..
hi,sometimes it does take a while, glad its sorted