Posts: 820 | Thanked: 436 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Portsmouth, UK.
Originally Posted by teh View Post
You have a rubbish car?

You're not the only one, I have a Ford Focus Estate and that picks up the N900 a dream, my mate has a Vauxhall Astra Estate and that can't pick it up at all unless I hang my device out the window even with the boost on!
Focus has it's aerial at the front where as vauxhall/gm use a rear mounted bee sting and have done for the past 20 years

it depends on the antenna ,i have tried several cars.in my car it wars fine

Posts: 1,141 | Thanked: 781 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Magical Unicorn Land
It depends on which frequency you choose (choose one far away from any available radio station signals), how much interference there is, location of your car's antenna, if your antenna is shielded from inside signals, etc.

In my experience, music via N900 FM transmitter, even when it is working, is such poor quality it's not worth worrying about anyway. It's like AM-radio quality. I don't think it was even in stereo (maybe someone who uses this feature can confirm or deny this). I just use the cable like I mentioned earlier. Or bring my CDs in my car.

Posts: 1,210 | Thanked: 597 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ hamburg,germany
i have the fmtx widget and i get 3 meters with my fm transmitter.

Nobody likes us but we dont care....

My transmitter works great in cars. I use the same station all the time and usually get good results. The antenna on the car usually is the problem if I get bad signal or not.

Posts: 739 | Thanked: 220 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Surrey, UK
Anyone know if there is a difference [noise] between car cigarette adapters? Using the FM transmitter works great in my car and is very clear but when I plug the power in I get noise. It's as if the actual power lead is becoming an antenna or something.

Does anyone have a preferred type of lead that doesn't pick up extra noise?
There is a way that seems right to a man, but in the end it leads to death. Proverbs 14:12

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
I have used a number of FM transmitters and none of them work well, probably because I live in the Los Angeles area where there is lots of interference and competition for radio signals. I suspect that N900 users in Antarctica are quite happy.

Posts: 102 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Wellingborough, UK
Originally Posted by teh View Post
You have a rubbish car?

You're not the only one, I have a Ford Focus Estate and that picks up the N900 a dream, my mate has a Vauxhall Astra Estate and that can't pick it up at all unless I hang my device out the window even with the boost on!

Yeh that's right the whole car sucks, not the just radio or anything..

Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by white_ranger View Post
I don't know what's wrong, but it seems that fm transmitter signal is WAY too weak. I practically need to bring the phone to the antenna to clearly understand whatever i'm playing. I choose the frequency that is not taken by any radio station, but still the signal is too weak. Do you have any solution for this and what are your experiences with FM transmitter?
with what are you listening the radio? (car? home?)
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search